Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Progress S2000 powered RT+
pwl

posted on 13/6/08 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
Progress S2000 powered RT+

I just thought that I would let you all in, on the S2000 powered RT+ that I am building.

I picked the kit up in the middle of April and have now reached the stage were I have got the engine running.

Here are a couple of pictures

I have made a small video of the first start up
Startup

I hope to have the build complete in a couple of weeks, I will then take it to a dyno to get the engine ECU tuned. I will get back to you with dyno sheets and a small video.

PWL

Adam

posted on 13/6/08 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
WOW!!! That looks amazing!

[Edited on 13/6/08 by Adam]

smart51

posted on 13/6/08 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Wow, that is one full engine bay. I can almost climb into mine. That's a very shiny pipe too. Can the inlet plenum and rocker cover be polished up a bit to match? Should be a very nice car.
worX

posted on 13/6/08 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
YeeHA indeed!

Steve

Ivan

posted on 13/6/08 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Verrrry nice - just being inquisitive - why the very long intake pipe - at first I thought you had a turbo on it.

Agriv8

posted on 13/6/08 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
If I ever did another ( the wife is watching so being very carful )

Thats going to be one very quick MNR

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Krismc

posted on 13/6/08 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Verrrry nice - just being inquisitive - why the very long intake pipe - at first I thought you had a turbo on it.

I personally think its a Vtec/honda thing, i went to a rolling road day with My new civic type r and it made 205BHP standard it has a quite long intake pipe and i took it off and put just a filter on with a 1inch pipe to see what i would gain, and suprisingly when dynoed again i lost 10% power.

needless to say i still have the standard intake.

might have been too much air or it might be something to do with the intake lenght....some one must know.

oh and by the way mate, my 200Bhp civic is $H*T of a shovel and weights about 1500Kg... that Vortx is going to be250BHp and 500KG one fecking fast car......bolt them seats in tight.

..good luck

[Edited on 13/6/08 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Agriv8

posted on 13/6/08 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
Now if i were a betting man id say that intake look's like a post sva Turbo conversion is on the cards.

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

pwl

posted on 13/6/08 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ivan

It’s a combination of that the Honda engine don’t like the short ram stile intake, the lack of space for the huge KN filter with a flow stack I have, and that I thought that the air right behind the radiator would be to hot.

PWL

bimbleuk

posted on 13/6/08 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
How can I possibly criticise that install! However the long metal inlet pipe will pick up some heat from the rad and exhaust. So wrap it (sacrilege obviously) or just have some decent engine bay vents and that'll help a lot.
Gergely

posted on 14/6/08 at 05:57 AM Reply With Quote
Hi!
I remember you picking up your kit when I was at MNR to order ours... you have worked pretty hard to get this far in so little time! Good job!
Great looking car too!
Gergely

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marc n

posted on 14/6/08 at 06:06 AM Reply With Quote
looking good

i do like the white cars

cheers

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pwl

posted on 14/6/08 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bimbleuk
How can I possibly criticise that install! However the long metal inlet pipe will pick up some heat from the rad and exhaust. So wrap it (sacrilege obviously) or just have some decent engine bay vents and that'll help a lot.

I will log the intake air temp, and wrap it if necessary. I have the bonnet bulge, witch could provide some ventilation, but I cannot decide if I want it on or not.

PWL

pwl

posted on 14/6/08 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gergely
Hi!
I remember you picking up your kit when I was at MNR to order ours... you have worked pretty hard to get this far in so little time! Good job!
Great looking car too!
Gergely

Nice meting you, looking forward to following your build. I must admit, that when you first get started, it is hard to stop, I have bin spending almost all my time on the build.

PWL

[Edited on 14/6/08 by pwl]

scoop

posted on 14/6/08 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
That is gonna be awesome. Are you going to be running k-pro on it?
MNR and vtec power would be my dream car.
Just think Krismc, if you had a real type r without that weight and longer gears how much quicker would be going

pwl

posted on 14/6/08 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scoop
Just think Krismc, if you had a real type r without that weight and longer gears how much quicker would be going

I am going to run the AEM 30-1052U stand alone ECU. Right now I am running the stock ECU, just to make sure that all the wiring is correct. It’s been a huge job sorting the S2000 wiring harness out.

PWL

Krismc

posted on 16/6/08 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pwl
quote:

I am going to run the AEM 30-1052U stand alone ECU. Right now I am running the stock ECU, just to make sure that all the wiring is correct. It’s been a huge job sorting the S2000 wiring harness out.

PWL

Mine is a real type R...and it will be even meaner and faster when i fit this......

highly reccomended that you fit one in you kit car...... it comes with a instant death guarentee (or your money back)

[Edited on 16/6/08 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

marc n

posted on 16/6/08 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
how much is that conversion ???

i like

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
neilj37

posted on 17/6/08 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pwl
quote:

PWL

Some of the guys that i know that have the honda engine fitted in lotuses use the hondata ECU's

Krismc

posted on 18/6/08 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n
how much is that conversion ???

i like

£1395 + taxes (if i pay them)...which i think is fairly cheap for all that extra power.

Krismc

posted on 18/6/08 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neilj37
quote:
Originally posted by pwl
quote:

PWL

Some of the guys that i know that have the honda engine fitted in lotuses use the hondata ECU's

Thats a very popular and reccomended Ecu my pal runs his with no bothers, its all plug and play.

pwl

posted on 18/6/08 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
The Hondata K-pro is a very good ECU, especially if you are going to pass emissions tests, because it retains OBD2, it is a stock Honda ECU with a piggy bag. It is not plug and play on the S2000, you have to change a couple of sensors. Including the parts you have to change, I think that it is about 2200-2400 $ + shipping and tax, witch makes it pretty expensive. I don’t know if it requires you to keep all the emission stuff on the car, I think it might.

The AEM EMS is more hardcore, no Honda functions are pre-programmed, and everything needs to be adjusted. It has a lot more inputs and outputs, making it great for custom engines and forced induction. The AEM is plug and play, but can not be used on emissions controlled cars. The AEM including wideband, sells for about 1700$ + shipping and tax.
I chose the AEM because I am building a track only car and because I know the ECU very well from another build.

Chris mentioned to me, when I was picking the kit up, that there was a guy not to far from them ,that was an expert on the ECU and wiring, I don’t know what ECU he is using, but it may be a good solution if anybody else are going for the S2000 engine

PWL

[Edited on 18/6/08 by pwl]

[Edited on 18/6/08 by pwl]

Adam

posted on 18/6/08 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
I'd check your last post if i was you typo error...

Adam

Krismc

posted on 18/6/08 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
ah hem..... god kip gay?

dont you mean - good, keep, guy

finlay

posted on 18/6/08 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
it gonna be some machine, Awsome!!!
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.