Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SVA needed for a replacement chassis?
se7ensport

posted on 15/6/08 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
SVA needed for a replacement chassis?

Hi guys

A mates just hit his Quantom and the chassis is scrap, depending on insurance payout etc he may rebuild it, will he need to re SVA if he uses another chassis from Quantom???

I'm thinking not as its the same as a heritage bodyshell etc but struggling to find exact confirmation from the DVLA online, can anyone provide a link proving one way or another?

Cheers

Alex

RK

posted on 15/6/08 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.dvtani.gov.uk/uploads/vehicletesting/svabooklet.pdf

I am not a resident of the EU or the UK, but I seem to remember somewhere that it's NO. But feel free to do some light reading above. I hope this helps a bit!

Tangerine Scream

posted on 15/6/08 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
I've rebuilt a damaged locost with a complete new chassis (and it turns out, quite a lot of other parts) and all it required was a DVLA inspection.
Man came out, had a look at the car and compared it to photos I had of it before the accident. With the addition of the receipts for new parts, he recommended retaining the existing plate and no need to SVA.
YMMV

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 15/6/08 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
Theoretically it will need a VIC (Vehicle Identity Check) before it goes back on the road. Whether it does or not, depends if the insurance company notify DVLA. Usually, when a vehicle is written off, the V5C is returned to the DVLA, however, if the owner of the vehicle negotiates with the insurance company to take the damaged vehicle as part of the payout, then there is a very good chance that the damage will not be recorded on the DVLA's database and it won't be flagged for a VIC.

Furthermore, you cannot request a VIC. Therefore if it isn't marked for one, you don't need one. Just re-build it, use the same chassis number as previous and put it back on the road.

Phil

russbost

posted on 15/6/08 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
Would second everything said above. Providing the chassis is a direct replacement for the original from the same manufacturer it shouldn't need SVA but may need a VIC depending on the circumstances

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
se7ensport

posted on 15/6/08 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the confirmation guys, I'll pass the info on.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.