Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: CO2 emissions for a CBR1000rr Fireblade
grafter

posted on 1/7/08 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
CO2 emissions for a CBR1000rr Fireblade

I am just about to put my MK Indyblade on to the road over here in Ireland and the government have recently introduced carbon road tax, so we get charged based on the CO2 emissions for our vehicles.
So would anyone know the CO2 levels for a CBR100RR fireblade engine? I tried googling it but without success.

tks

posted on 1/7/08 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
mhhh

in holland its the same but when you have a SVA then you fall int he toughest tax tray automaticly because there isn't assigned an EURO leverl to your car.

over here you need to prove with weight and engine cap. / bhp that it isn't that big.. (the polution)

Tks

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 1/7/08 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Will this be applicable for a kit car over there?? Isnt it just for production cars like over here in the UK?? In the UK it would be cheap road tax as its based on the capacity for kit cars.
matt_claydon

posted on 1/7/08 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Not possible. The measurement is in grammes per kilometer and is dependent on vehicle mass, drivetrain losses, drag coefficient etc etc. It's a very complex procedure to measure accurately involving a chassis dyno and gas collection / weighing equipment.
grafter

posted on 1/7/08 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys,

I thought this was going to be a pain in the backside to do. The new tax is for any new cars being registered from today and for production models the manufacturer publishes the value and they use that and like in Holland if you don't have the figure you are automatically put in the top bracket which over here is 2K euros a year road tax.

I guess I need to call the dept of transport and see if I can figure it out with them, maybe they have an independant assessment place they will use to get measurements for non production cars.

jacko

posted on 1/7/08 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
Grafter please let us know what info you find out
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Omni

posted on 1/7/08 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
WTF!!!! 2000 EUROS! They f**kin' have a laugh!!!!

Sorry I have just picked my chin up off the floor. OMG

SteveWalker

posted on 1/7/08 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Please do let us know whatever you find out, as we are planning on moving to Ireland and although we will be exempt from paying VRT, I don't know what we'll do about the Robin Hood for road tax.

We may be alright though - does the low rate for classic cars still apply? I asked the question of the Revenue under the old system and they told me that although it was first registered in the UK in 99 and the donor was 83, as it is Q and appears on MOT certificates as first used on or about 71, they would register it as a 71!

[Edited on 1/7/08 by SteveWalker]

grafter

posted on 2/7/08 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

WTF!!!! 2000 EUROS! They f**kin' have a laugh!!!!

That's what happens if you elect the Greens into government like we did last year, don't get me wrong I am all for saving the environment but using practical methods, not trying to force everyone onto push bikes...

Steve, The low rate on classic cars over 30 yrs old still applies, but you will only get it if the chassis is that age as that is how they determine the age of a car over here. i don't know anything about how Q plates or UK registration works so I cannot help you with your particular situation but I have a pretty good knowledge of the system over here and if you want any assistance just send me an e-mail and I'll do my best to help you out.

Grafter

[Edited on 2/7/08 by grafter]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.