Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Remember our paypal dispute ?
Jon Ison

posted on 12/7/08 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
Remember our paypal dispute ?

Well its still ongoing, we have called them 3 times now, they have closed the case 3-4 times, just a quick reminder for you all........

We posted an item out, have proof of sending, tracking all the way though delivery depot to proof of delivery including a copy of the recipients signature when he received it. We have given paypal all this and still they wont reverse there original decision and withhold our money which they took out of our account.
We refuse to roll over on this one as we delivered to a registered paypal address, they are 110% behind any buyer and give sellers zero protection, we are now in a position where we have appealed yet again and we are filing a complaint against paypal with the financial services ombudsman.

Be aware chaps, if a buyer says he has not received an item whatever proof you have paypal will not decided in your favour, the whole system is open to abuse and is worrying as in our experience anyone who pays via paypal can claim they did not receive it and you are stuffed.

Below is the case history......

12 Jul. 2008 - PayPal: Phone call with Seller
12 Jul. 2008 - PayPal: Case under review
12 Jul. 2008 - Seller: Decision appealed
10 Jul. 2008 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
10 Jul. 2008 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
10 Jul. 2008 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
10 Jul. 2008 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
12 Jul. 2008 - Buyer: Email sent to Paypal
24 Jun. 2008 - PayPal: Email sent to Paypal
21 Jun. 2008 - PayPal: Phone call with Seller
21 Jun. 2008 - PayPal: Phone call with Seller
21 Jun. 2008 - PayPal: Case under review
21 Jun. 2008 - Seller: Decision appealed
9 Jun. 2008 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
9 Jun. 2008 - PayPal: Case closed
9 Jun. 2008 - PayPal: Appeal denied
7 Jun. 2008 - Seller: Email sent to Paypal
30 May 2008 - PayPal: Case under review
30 May 2008 - Seller: Decision appealed
30 May 2008 - PayPal: Case closed
30 May 2008 - PayPal: Refund issued
30 May 2008 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
30 May 2008 - PayPal: Refund initiated
30 May 2008 - PayPal: Case under review
29 May 2008 - PayPal: Case under review
26 May 2008 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
26 May 2008 - Seller: Tracking information received
25 May 2008 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
25 May 2008 - Buyer: Dispute escalated to claim
25 May 2008 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
25 May 2008 - Buyer: Dispute filed

Jon Ison

posted on 12/7/08 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
Here you decide............

click onto buisinesspost tracking and enter.......

consignment number......30478720012092

or cust ref number..........Wa0007138190

And what do you think, posted ? Delivered ? You can click on further details top left of the link which will show the parcel from pick up to POD, point of delivery.

Use paypal, beware.

johnston

posted on 12/7/08 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
I'm in same boat, heard back from royal mail they say buyer not responding to their letters so assuming delivered.

Sent email to paypal stating this and sent email to buyer with no response. Paypals reaction was case is closed. He had negative feed back from others since i dealt with him saying he'd claimed dispute for lost item but his address on paypal changed after item was sent!! And his first name keeps changin which is quite odd. Although ebays new rules means he no longer has any negative feedback.

So think i'm just gonna wait till he sells somethin of interest and use swmbo's account.

[Edited on 12/7/08 by johnston]

CraigJ

posted on 12/7/08 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
I wont accept paypal over ebay because of these problems.

Paypal sucks ass.

blakep82

posted on 12/7/08 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
tell ebay you're contacting the police for aiding fraud. you've got all the evidence you need.

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mr henderson

posted on 12/7/08 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
This is a tricky one. I'm quite sure thatt he police will simply say that it is a civil matter, and lose interest.

I'm also quite sure that somewhere in Paypal's terms and conditions thare will be something that syas they can do more or less as they like.

A civil case against the buyer might work, but this type of deadbeat rarely has any money or other assets that would make such a thing worth while.

About the only thing you can do, apart from not using Paypal anymore, is to organise a 'surprise visit' for the buyer (I trust you've seen Clockwork Orange and are aware of this type of surprise visit?)

John

Dangle_kt

posted on 12/7/08 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
anyone selling a caterham? I can pay via paypal.....

Hope you get it sorted mate

pawgrp

posted on 12/7/08 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Keep chasing paypal with the FSA, they've got a big enough stick to beat some sense into their thick corporate skulls. The 40 million euro fine thats just landed on their doormat brought a smile to my face.
Peteff

posted on 12/7/08 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Some stuff on Martin's money about this stuff Jon link. Get onto ebay live chat and stir things up, ask them what's the point of signed for delivery? Try Martins forums for advice, they seem pretty up on their stuff.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

martyn_16v

posted on 14/7/08 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CraigJ
I wont accept paypal over ebay because of these problems.

Paypal sucks ass.

You don't have a choice any more, you're forced to have paypal in every listing now. And they're cracking down on people putting 'won't accept paypal' in the item description

flak monkey

posted on 14/7/08 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
I have stopped selling stuff on ebay now completely because of their insistance that paypal is offered on every listing. It is plainly rediculous, especially as many have found the hard way, that paypal offers no protection to sellers.

I think the only way around this is to accept the paypal payment (adding a percentage to 'postage' costs to cover the fees), transfer the money immediately to your bank account, leaving your paypal account with zero balance. Then if there is a fraudulent claim all they can do is lose money from their own accounts as your paypal account will go into -ve balance which they cannot force you to clear.

Google checkout is now being used by a lot of online stores (dabs being probably the biggest) and guess what? Ebay have banned you from using that too!

Ebay/paypal have only one way to go now, and thats down, pretty quickly. About all you can find on ebay now is shops selling stuff at the full RRP. Whats the point in that? You may as well use their own websites.

Jon I wish you the best of luck resolving this. Take it up with the police, its not a civil matter, last time I looked fraud is a criminal offence and is punishable accordingly. Paypal are guilty of aiding and abetting the criminal act, which is also punishable in a court of law. You have all the proof you require which is indisputable.

If everyone who gets ripped off by paypal took this approach then they would soon find themselves with some more hefty fines in the european courts.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

mr henderson

posted on 14/7/08 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
Take it up with the police, its not a civil matter, last time I looked fraud is a criminal offence and is punishable accordingly. Paypal are guilty of aiding and abetting the criminal act, which is also punishable in a court of law. You have all the proof you require which is indisputable.

Of course fraud is a criminal matter. You try getting the police to take up an Ebay dispute though. You've got more chance of having xxx with the Pope

John

Jon Ison

posted on 14/7/08 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
We have just filed a complaint with the financial services ombudsman, we are fuming at the moment, they have closed the case again saying the claim as been amicably settled, with whom FFS ? Not us.

Beware chaps, looking at this from the outside your probably thinking "wont happen to me" Well we used to be "me"

02GF74

posted on 14/7/08 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
thieving swines - keep pursuing this - is small claims court an option?

Jon Ison

posted on 15/7/08 at 06:22 AM Reply With Quote
Latest email in response to yet again demanding the case is re opened, talk about buyer is always right ? Never even ask us just take his word for it, great scam and easy to carry out though as paypal just assist you and block any attempts at the truth from the seller........

"please be advised that this case was closed by the buyer and reported that this case was amicably resolved by both of you. I suggest you contact your buyer and verify if he/she already received the item. Thank you for your time. Sincerely, SaiResolution Services Department PayPal, an eBay Company "

greggors84

posted on 18/7/08 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
I stupidly offered first class post as an option over recorded delivery for a mobile I sold on ebay.

They left good feedback after I sent it, then a month later they filed a complaint with paypal.

Paypal went with the buyer as I couldnt supply any tracking details, I was kicking myself for not sending it recorded, but it seems it might not have mattered!

My paypal account is going to be left in negative balance and eBay wont be getting the fee for the auction, they can keep my account suspended as I wont be using it.

I really hope google decide to launch an auction site, ebay need some competion to bring the consumer back to the top of priorities and google seem the only ones big enough to pull it off.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.