Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: kits
frankycopp

posted on 12/7/08 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
kits

what is the best starter kit on the market price and quality wise is the new gbs zero any good? thanks
deneo

posted on 12/7/08 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
unless your names Hamilton they all handle well are faster than everything you'd normally drive , my advice would be have a look at mk,mnr,tiger and whichever one closest to your home, also spend a few weekends driving round the country and drive one of each then check the value for money and buy that one!
eznfrank

posted on 12/7/08 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
As above, depends what you want it for but more or less anything 7'esque will be very similar unless you're racing.

The only thing about the Zero is not many have been built yet, or at least not that I've heard of. RH/GBS used to have a pretty shabby reputation but under new ownership they seem to be sorting it out.

What sort of budget were you thinking and BEC or CEC?

Stuart_B

posted on 12/7/08 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
i has looking at the lightweight from robin hood, but they went and brought out the zero, but i think they use the serria rear end, so then i started looking at mk, and i brought a mk indy delux kit. the first time i had seen one up close and got a seat in one was when i was picking up the kit at mk.

stuart

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

Daimo_45

posted on 12/7/08 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
In my opinion MNR make the best kits, exploiting round section instead of box, good inboard sus and T45 options. MK and Mac 1 make sweet kits too.
coozer

posted on 12/7/08 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
another vote for MNR here

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

phil.shelton

posted on 12/7/08 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
went out in the zero at bruntingthorpe the other week wow nice bit of kit
procomp

posted on 14/7/08 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
Hi at the cheap end of the market. The best value for money/handling is the ST/ ARIES.

Once you move out of that bracket price range you are then up into the same area of the market as WESTFIELD. Then when it comes down to the quality accuracy fitment of components handling factory support ect ect. WESTFIELD wins every time. especially if you take into account the resale value when selling.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.