Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Costco
DarrenW

posted on 25/7/08 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Costco

How do you get a costco membership?

i want to service BMW and apparently they are selling BMW approved Castrol oils well cheap. Supposed to be cheaper for Mobil1 too.

I think my closest is Gateshead.

Local sources of the oil works out at about £60 - 70 BMW LL04. its bugging me having to spend that much. Costco apparently have 3 x 1L bottles of Castrol edge in for £10 which is a bargain but i cant get in.

BMW quoted £15 per litre!

Mark G

posted on 25/7/08 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
you need a membership card which can be aquired if you own or run a business. There is however a membership fee of around £20 per card per year.

stevepj

posted on 25/7/08 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
usually have to have your own business or get your employer to apply and name you as a card holder, emergency service workers can get membership to with proof of ID.
Try asking your employer to allow you to apply in their name, get some colleagues on board as card holders and it'll cost you about £20 per person - individual membership is about £30.

Some good stuff, nice pastries, skippy american peanut butter, but check the prices - sometimes its as cheap to get the same item from the shop.

last time I was in mobil1 was £23.50 for 4 litres

Or if you know a card holder ask them to add you to their cardholders list - costs about £15

paul the 6th

posted on 25/7/08 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
maybe someone on here is a member and would be willing to buy some in & post to you? I'm going to look into getting a card since I'm self employed. If I can do anything to help ya out I'll u2u

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

http://picasaweb.google.com/haynesroadster - Roadster Photo Build Log

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
DarrenW

posted on 25/7/08 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks all.

On this occasion ive probs left it too late. Im going on holiday next saturday and need to service the car before hand. Ive got a list of jobs to do including cleaning the MAF, removing the inlet manifold for clean out and deflap as well as changing the oil and filter.

Ideally need to get the bits i need tomorrow.

vinny1275

posted on 26/7/08 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
I blagged a membership by saying I was a professional because I had a degree.... "The woman I spoke to on the phone said it was OK, and I've just driven 50 miles to get here....."

ian.lucas

posted on 26/7/08 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
you should phone Costco and tell them you want to be a individual member and they have a list of approved businesses and employers, if you employer is on the list you can join as a individual member (my wife was allowed to join because she works for the council (a dinner lady in our kids school)
stevebubs

posted on 26/7/08 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
They do ask for ID, though...both of where you work, and where you live...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.