Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Flights to Thailand
greggors84

posted on 28/7/08 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Flights to Thailand

Ive got 6 weeks off work from just before Christmas to end of Jan.

Was hoping to go to Thailand for 4 weeks, I checked flights about a month ago and they were around £450, now they have gone up to over £700.

Are they likely to come back down, I dont really want to pay much over £500. I dont know how the prices of flights work for long haul. Do they go in cycles?

Ive been using www.kayak.co.uk as it seems to give the most options and flexibility but have also been checking expedia and a few others with the same results.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

chasmon

posted on 28/7/08 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think they'll come back down as they over book flights these days to make sure they don't have to offer bargains...

I flew to Thailand last year and cheapest was Dialaflight. I booked late too (2 weeks before a 6 week hol) and all prices were going up these guys were the cheapest by a country mile.

tomblyth

posted on 28/7/08 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
Im no expert in flight prices but I have seen that easyjet have anounced price increase's due to increases in fuel price! so I'd think that is what all the air transport companys will do!
eznfrank

posted on 28/7/08 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
They used to go down in the few weeks before departure but I think those days are long gone. I'm off to Vegas at Xmas and my sister decided about a month after we booked that she wanted to come too, she was looking at 50% more than us.
rusty nuts

posted on 28/7/08 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Suspect that with fuel prices the way they are prices will only go up.
drhunter

posted on 28/7/08 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
last week I booked a one way flight for my gf for today, and return flights for me for next month - both to Malaysia.
My return flight was £650, a whole £20 cheaper than her one way flight.

Book as early as you can!

Try going directly to somewhere like emirates as it should be cheapest to go direct to the airline.
Alternatively, if you're feeling cheeky see if your local travel agent has a cheap package deal. They sometimes have cheaper deals, just don't bother sleeping at the hotel they arrange if you have your own sorted!

[Edited on 28/7/08 by drhunter]

BenB

posted on 28/7/08 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
I flew to Thailand twice. Both times the cheapest flight was with Qatar airlines. Highly recommended Good service, good in-flight entertainment etc etc.... Actually I think Omar airlines was £10 cheaper but they're 2* not 5* and if you ask for a drink on the flight they look at your like a drug addict (which I suppose really.....)....
skodaman

posted on 29/7/08 at 12:27 AM Reply With Quote
I sometimes fly with Quatar airlines to Philippines. Price for any airline for destinations in SE Asia get stupid around Christmas. Cheaper in summer but then you've got the monsoon to contend with.

Skodaman

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
WanchaiWarrior

posted on 29/7/08 at 03:19 AM Reply With Quote
Yup, you should have booked them when they were cheaper.

I lived in HK for a while (almost 10yrs) and flying back to UK from there was always more expensive at christmas.

Now Im in Queensland, its costing me AUD$9600 for 3 adults to fly back to UK 10 days before christmas and returning in January.

Anyway, even if the flight prices go up, so will taxes, all airlines as far as I know raise the surcharges on a regular basis, some fortnightly, so with fuel prices constantly on the rise, by the time Ive paid for these flights, the taxes would have gone up and so putting the final cost up. Just because I dont have that sort of money sitting around.

Oh well.

greggors84

posted on 29/7/08 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for confirming my worries! It just seemed odd for them to jump over £200 in 2 weeks.

Found one for £510 with Oman Airlines, but its with a 5hr stopover halfway.

Might just bite the bullet and book now!

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.