Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT FIRE
philw

posted on 3/8/08 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
OT FIRE

Firstly we all got out alright
I need some information please, last night the house next door cought fire, luckily it didn't spread into mine but the smoke damage is considerable, roof, loft, soffits melted etc, having never had to claim on insurance and the emergency help lines are(can you belive this) Mon-Fri 9-5, do i claim off my insurance or next doors and what can i claim for?

Forgot to say next door was a privately rented house and they had moved out earlier that day, so i assume i need to claim off of the landlords insurance is this correct

Must try harder

fesycresy

posted on 3/8/08 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Just contact your insurance company, they will do it all.

They'll need all the neighbours details etc. but should be hassle free (yeah right !) for you.

They will try to counter claim if he has insurance or they might try and get him personally.

Drop Mark or Col @ mac1 a u2u, they've been through the nightmare.

ATB

Lyn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

billynomates

posted on 3/8/08 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Forgot to say next door was a privately rented house and they had moved out earlier that day, so i assume i need to claim off of the landlords insurance is this correct

Bet the landlord isn't too happy.
Buildings insurance is lanlords responsibilty, contents is down to tenants.

Hopefully your insurance company will take care of everything for you, does sound a littly bit iffy to me though.

x_flow57

posted on 3/8/08 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
We had a fire just over a month ago, started by strong sunshine onto a beer glass on the window sill, BE CAREFULL, we wern't quite so lucky as far as injurys went, my eldest son picked up a burning draw and threw it out the window burning his hands quite badly, they are healing brilliantly now and do not appear to be scaring.

1 call to the insurance Co. and the room has been decorated, all burnt items taken away and carpets replaced/cleaned. We are just waiting for a cheque for the destroyed items.

Nick

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.