Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Flatshifter vs Trickshifter - Which one?
charlierevell

posted on 4/8/08 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Flatshifter vs Trickshifter - Which one?

Looking at keeping my lever change and getting a flatshifter now i have it working much better.

Is there any difference, is one company better to deal with than the other?

Cheers..

Tango orange is an 'IN' colour!!

worX

posted on 4/8/08 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
Send Jon Ison a U2U.

He has a Flatshifter and recommends it wholeheartedly...

Steve

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 4/8/08 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
see u2u
http://www.kliktronic.co.uk/

[Edited on 4-8-08 by mangogrooveworkshop]

charlierevell

posted on 4/8/08 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone seen any on ebay lately?

Jon Ison

posted on 4/8/08 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
No but I can dig the details out, guy did me a deal outside ebay lower than normal price.

Do they work ? Seamless up shifts I also have the "blip" downshift but I only use that on track, I find it a bit annoying on the road, if you pull up at lights in anything other than 1st every time you change down the box it blips the throttle, gives the impression you are sat at the junction revving the engine.

I thought bike engine up shifts where quick by just easing off a little, the flashifter all you here is a change in revs and feel absolutely nothing.

JUD

posted on 4/8/08 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Jon

Would be interested in the details as well if you dig them out.

Cheers

Martin

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

bugsbunny

posted on 4/8/08 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
Can you please post the details here as I am interested as well?
mads

posted on 4/8/08 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
sorry to sort of hi-jack the topic but what are flatshifters/trickshifters and how do they work? I've got a general jist from google but nothing specific.

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

hobzy

posted on 4/8/08 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
And me! Ta in advance...

charlierevell

posted on 4/8/08 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
They cut the ignition spark on changing up thru the gears and blip the throttle when going down again.

All they are is a bar with a strain gauge in, some clever but basic electrics and if you have the downshift model a new idle control valve.

All you have to do is fit the electrics and put the bar somewhere into your gear rod linkage.

Jon Ison

posted on 4/8/08 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
This is the one I chose after months of deliberating.

So to answer your original question and this is only my opinion I chose this rather than klictronic etc because........

when you press the button on one of those it takes over, if for whatever reason it does not want to go in gear they don't have any feel, its going in whatever, only an opinion but even though its rare if it does not want to go into gear for whatever reason you can feel the resistance in your hand on the lever and don't force it in, klictronics and the likes will just continue trying to change with what could be disastrous results ?

You need take no notice of what I have said if you wish, its just my thoughts and why I chose one over the other.

charlierevell

posted on 4/8/08 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Hiya Jon.... yeah i dont want the button stuff, doesnt interest me at the moment now i have the rods working.
But is there any difference between the flatshifter and the trickshifter (rather than klicktronic) They are the same price and seem to do the same job, they even look the same. However Flatshifter seem to have done more development since...

Jon Ison

posted on 4/8/08 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, I think they are one and the same but cant confirm so.

I chose the flatshifter, at full bore it gives a nice "pop" on the up shift to, the down shift takes a bit of getting used to, you need to train your brain as 1st few times you cant help thinking "this ain't gonna work" it just feels unnatural till you get used to it.

worX

posted on 4/8/08 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
Charlie - this was posted by " Grazo " on here...

FLATSHIFTER

Hi everyone thank you jon for the nice comments on our flatshifter system first hear is a utube link on board footage of graham miller in his global GT1 running a std R1 engine

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=2740771063408382978&q=graham+miller&total=114&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&pl index=0

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=1097468818531690670
It is very unusual for your flatshifter to req any adjustments to be made they are set up for your application using very accurate equipment ,on the rare occasion that it is neccesary please use very small adjustments it is very quick and easy to do these adjustments ,if anyone has lost there instruction manual please email us and we will happily send you a new copy
graham (flatshifter) 01206 322557 www.flatshifter.com

Steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.