Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: 750mc Silverstone Aug 23rd-24th
procomp

posted on 5/8/08 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
750mc Silverstone Aug 23rd-24th

Hi the 750mc have there flagship meeting at Silverstone on Aug 23rd - 24th.

Racing will be from all 750 formulas. there is also an auto jumble. And the main feature / theme of the weekend is the celebration of Mallock sports cars 50 years.

I will add a link to the running order PDF with all the weekend info on it when it is up on the web in a few days time. Also a roll call of forum members racing.

Cheers matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pumpers

posted on 5/8/08 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
Sadly I wont be racing here either

We have just bought a business so all my cash and time is currently tied up in that.

Looks like my only race left this season will be the Birkett!!

Hopefully I'll squeeze a trackday or two in but looks like my season's virtually over!!

Roll on next year - If things go to plan thne I'll be doing the full season!

Have fun everyone.

Pumpers, Locost no 63.

MK9R

posted on 5/8/08 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
I'll be there to watch and to try and gets some hints and tips for getting car ready for the RGB series next year

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
82 Locost

posted on 5/8/08 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pumpers

Sadly I wont be racing here either

Me neither, tightening my belt.

Richd

posted on 5/8/08 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be there!!!!!!!

hopefully without the overheating issues of donington.

Cheers
Rich
Locost #25

allied.motorsport@hotmail.co.uk

www.alliedmotorsport.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
pointy

posted on 5/8/08 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
Me too..

Will also be there for friday afternoon testing.

Andy P (Ssshhhh he might go faster now that he's lost that heavy novice cross)

Bobbus

posted on 5/8/08 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
MK9R:

I don't know whether you are aware or not, but there's a forum for RGB where Adrian Moore (Genesis class B) has written a load of very helpful advice for newbies.

http://www.rgb-racing.org.uk/rgbbb/index.php

Rob.

quote:
Originally posted by MK9R
I'll be there to watch and to try and gets some hints and tips for getting car ready for the RGB series next year

MK9R

posted on 5/8/08 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bobbus
MK9R:

I don't know whether you are aware or not, but there's a forum for RGB where Adrian Moore (Genesis class B) has written a load of very helpful advice for newbies.

http://www.rgb-racing.org.uk/rgbbb/index.php

Rob.

quote:

no i wasn't superb, thanks!!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

ernie

posted on 5/8/08 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortunatly I wont be there. Also a tightning of belt! But will be at snett and Birkett
procomp

posted on 11/8/08 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
Hi still no PDF file up on the 750 website as yet. Mind still a week and a 1/2 to go.

Also for those at a loose end on Thursday night there is the POWER NIGHTS RACING taking place on the 21st. With testing/qualifying tacking place during Thursday day time and the racing starts at 5.30pm till 8.30pm.

The racing consists of short races ( 10 I think ) kind of the equivalent of 20/20 cricket.

We are hopefully tacking part with two cars so hoping to have a fun week/ weekend over the Thursday and 750mc testing on Friday and then also racing over the sat/Sun.

Cheers Matt

Richd

posted on 12/8/08 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Good grief, Garages for the locosts !!!

[Edited on 12/8/08 by Richd]

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
procomp

posted on 13/8/08 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
Hi yep Locost got garages. And so have the KITS. And we have garages for the power nights also . Looks like i will be living inside garage 7B for 5 days .

Well the weekends time table and paddock plan is out on the 750mc site. LINK HERE.

Racing includes: KITS - LOCOST - RGB - BIKE SPORTS - HOTHATCH - STOCKHATCH - GOLF'S - MR 2'S - SAXMAX - FORMULA 4 - FORMULA 750 - 750 TROPHY. And the theme of the weekend is the celebration of mallock cars 50 years racing. With one race on Sat and one on Sun. So a very packed weekend racing with various other activities going on also such as the usual auto jumble - car displays etc.

Unfortunately not too many forum members racing this weekend.

LOCOST: #4 aligarratt - #6 Gloves -#14 TMC - #21 gib1et - #25 Richd - #39 stevetzoid - #43 simes43 - #47 Rob palin - #68pointy
- #73 Robster.

RGB: #7 progers.

And as usual i am sure all will appreciate any support from other forum members who are there so drop by and say HI.

Cheers matt

Gloves
Junior Builder

Posts 35
Registered 23/12/03
Location Derby

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Selling 750MC Locost, building RaceKits Falcon 750

posted on 13/8/08 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Matt,

unfortunately I have had to pull out as I broke a bone in my wrist when Matt and I had our coming together at Donny. I've had to have surgery to have a screw put in to hold the pieces of bone together to give it a chance to heal. I should find out in early Sept if its working or if I need a brone graft, but whatever the doctors say I'm sidelined for the foreseeable future, most probably the rest of the season.
On a positive note I must say the Donnington medical facilities and staff were great, I was seen, diagnosed and had my arm in a cast in about 20 mins. It took me longer than that to get to the receptionist at A&E on the following Sunday to get an appointment at the fracture clinic.

Mark

pointy

posted on 13/8/08 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Mark,

Thats a real shame bearing in mind a third place was well within your reach.

Speedy recovery and look forward to Mallory perhaps!!

Andy p (locost68)

procomp

posted on 14/8/08 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Mark Sorry to hear about that. I had no idea you had received injuries during that incident with Matt.C .

After such a good run of results and your hard work getting engine problems Etc sorted i am sure you are gutted. As i am sure all of the formula are for you also.

Hope you have a speedy recovery with not too many inconveniences along the way. Are you attending any off the races to watch or will that just increase the pain being on the wrong side of the fence.

Cheers Matt

Gloves
Junior Builder

Posts 35
Registered 23/12/03
Location Derby

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Selling 750MC Locost, building RaceKits Falcon 750

posted on 14/8/08 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Guys,

I am very dissapointed but thats racing I suppose, I'll remember to let go of the steering wheel next time. It didn't really hurt at the time, just a vague ache that one of the marshalls said I should get checked out by the medics and was revealed to be broken scaphoid on x ray which the NHS have very kindly screwed together for me. Its a bit of a bummer as I can't drive anywhere now with the cast on so am reliant on lifts everywhere. I am going to try and get a lift to Silverstone to keep in the swing, and will try and get out again for Mallory as only one good hand, some chassis repairs and a new baby due in mid Sept are probably going to conspire to keep me away from Snett.

See you all soon

Mark

andylancaster3000

posted on 16/8/08 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
Garages, what a treat. Will be veryn welcome if last years weather is anything to go by!

Question to other competitors out there: Has anyone got any tickets going spare?! I got fed up with throwing tickets away I asked a few too many people if they fancied coming along. Having said that, how picky are the people on the gates at s'stone about tickets if you were to turn up friday evening? (as we're planning on doing)

Andy
(kits #29)

procomp

posted on 17/8/08 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

I think you will be hard pushed to get in Friday night without any tickets. They are quite hot with there security and given that theres racing / testing on for most of the week it will be ticket or payment only i would imagine.

Cheers Matt

Ps just a thought try asking on the locosters Yahoo site. LINK here. There may be a few with spare tickets there.

[Edited on 17/8/08 by procomp]

Richd

posted on 20/8/08 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
Silverstone weather forecast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2838

TimC

posted on 21/8/08 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
I think I may come along and watch this as I have a free weekend.

Anyone else? Matt - I'll come and say Hello. Mine's white with a 1/2.

MK9R

posted on 21/8/08 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC

I'll be there

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

TimC

posted on 21/8/08 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TimC

I'll be there

Coolio.

Bobbus

posted on 21/8/08 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
I would come along and say hi, but I'm back in sydney so I don't think I'll make it somehow..

Good luck to everyone who's racing.

progers

posted on 21/8/08 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
MK9R & TimC - do come by and say hello to the RGB gang - our alloted area is in the outer paddock (2nd row). Me and Derek Jones are usually parked up together.

There is an RGB drivers meeting around 12.30 - 1.30 so we won't be around then. Practice is at 10.05, race at 2.40

Cheers

Paul

P.S. Our coffee is better than Matts

MK9R

posted on 21/8/08 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by progers
MK9R & TimC - do come by and say hello to the RGB gang - our alloted area is in the outer paddock (2nd row). Me and Derek Jones are usually parked up together.

There is an RGB drivers meeting around 12.30 - 1.30 so we won't be around then. Practice is at 10.05, race at 2.40

Cheers

Paul

P.S. Our coffee is better than Matts

Cool, will see you after practise

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.