Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Individual air filters
locosaki

posted on 7/8/08 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Individual air filters

I've currently got 4 individual SB filters on my carbs,I'm wondering, Is this the best set up to use ?
I would have thought the carbs would be drawing in warm air from the engine,I have no holes in the bonnet like others with the sausage filter !!

BenB

posted on 7/8/08 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
Feeding the carbs cold air will help liberate more power because the intake charge will be denser.

Whether you do this by keeping the individual filters and enclosing the whole load in an airbox that you feed cool air or replace them with an airbox with a single plate filter makes little difference. Personally I'd do the later on the principal that I worry that individual filters so close to the intake might restrict airflow whereas if you have trumpet sitting in a large quantity of filtered air I'd imagine you'd get better flow. Might not be true though!!! Of course the easy option is to do neither and just have a big sausage filter hanging out of the side of the car in the air flow but IMHO it's not that pretty....

locosaki

posted on 7/8/08 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply Ben,

I did think about getting an airbox and leaving the individual filters on as you are saying,I might well go down this route,I really don't fancy the filter sticking out of the bonnet either !!!

Andi

posted on 7/8/08 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Ive got individual filters and have just put a slotted louvre in backwards on the carb side of the bonnet which seems to get in a lot of air when moving

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.