Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Info required for 2007 VTR1000 bike engine
PHULL

posted on 18/8/08 at 03:54 AM Reply With Quote
Info required for 2007 VTR1000 bike engine

I am looking at a bike thats been a write off... at the moment the only damaged things are the sump and the dash which has been smashed off.

so my question is does anyone know if I can supsite the dash in the 2007 vtr1000 for some other model, CBR for instance?

Dangle_kt

posted on 18/8/08 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
I can't confirm for sure but most bikes dont require specific clocks, as long as you dont mind getting your hands dirty rewiring to match.

Worth finding out if it has honda imobiliser fob like on the blades (HISS or soemthing)- they are a bugger if you havn't got the original key, you have to buy a matching lock set (£ hundreds) or a US ECU (not quite as much, but still a lot)

Do you know if the engine suffered from lack of oil when the sump went?

Worth checking the forks for being damaged, front impacts do tend to stuff the front end - especially as the VTR aint USD.

PHULL

posted on 18/8/08 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
when I inspected it the top of the front fairing was smashed... and the rear seat mounts on the chassis was snapped off.. so a write off. it comes with a pair of keys and looks like with the inital accident it bent the exhaust and pushed it into the rear of the sum punching a hole in the alloy. the cracks are only localised to the sump anyway

thanks for your help

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.