Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FROGGY!!!
NS Dev

posted on 27/8/08 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
FROGGY!!!

I assume its already been posted on here but did a couple of searches to make sure I'm not duplicating the blindingly obvious!! I know it was all done ages ago, but PPC dropped through my door the other day!!

WELL DONE FROGGY!........

on winning the PPC mag £999 car challenge!!!!!!!!

Flipping quick!!!

Now I don't know whether to be impressed or worried about how quick my Fiat 126 will be with 2 similar engines!!

Nice one Froggy!!!!!!!

[Edited on 27/8/08 by NS Dev]

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

owelly

posted on 27/8/08 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
I'm away from home for a few days and I'm dreading the slating my crusty old heap will undoubtedly have got. I've avoided looking at the mag until I pick it up off my doormat when I get home!!!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 27/8/08 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
no slating mate!

I think they said it was "unfortunate" that it broke!

They like a tryer so deffo no slating for you!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

hillbillyracer

posted on 27/8/08 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
I made it in too! All the way down in 30th place though, should've got some sticky tyres for the Mini to really make best use of it in the slalom.
Seeing the Kitten beat the MR2 Turbo (which was a helluva find for £999...) was worth the trip down alone!
Owelly, you dont get a slating at all, I think your car is viewed with some affection!

coozer

posted on 28/8/08 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
I'm away from home for a few days and I'm dreading the slating my crusty old heap will undoubtedly have got. I've avoided looking at the mag until I pick it up off my doormat when I get home!!!

Don't worry mate, you should take pride in being the first person... at the front of the feature

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

froggy

posted on 28/8/08 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
cheers for the trumpet blow nat but my car has blown the budget big style now il let you know what your in for in a few weeks

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

NS Dev

posted on 29/8/08 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
hey mate you know it makes sense

show those 4 cyl bike boys some proper engines

Like it, just wish mine were finished.........

on the plus side, took my mates kadett C RWD turbo (the on thats stopped me working on my fiat for the last 3 months!! ) out the other night for a "quick spin"

Holy **** its quick, deffo on for low 11 quarters in that, and that's only on 15 psi boost, it will hold 35 psi

[Edited on 29/8/08 by NS Dev]

[Edited on 29/8/08 by NS Dev]

NS Dev

posted on 29/8/08 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
PS it'll be worth it for the noise alone!!!!

froggy

posted on 29/8/08 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
the little box under the clocks is my new nitrous controller and i have a few spare engines so we can test the two that are in to destruction to see how much gas they can take but im confident that each engine can take 100hp with the new mappable controller so im on for 450hp and around 650-700kg if im honest so im lookin at 11,s too maybe more on slicks

the biggest plus for me is the gearing its touching 60 in first and should sit at 80 at 4750 so i can actually go places in it without going deaf and having blurred vision

Triton

posted on 29/8/08 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Thou art mad and I love it...strokers next time though aye!

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Volvorsport

posted on 29/8/08 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
wasnt there a volvo estate that came 9th or something !

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

NS Dev

posted on 29/8/08 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by froggy
the little box under the clocks is my new nitrous controller and i have a few spare engines so we can test the two that are in to destruction to see how much gas they can take but im confident that each engine can take 100hp with the new mappable controller so im on for 450hp and around 650-700kg if im honest so im lookin at 11,s too maybe more on slicks

the biggest plus for me is the gearing its touching 60 in first and should sit at 80 at 4750 so i can actually go places in it without going deaf and having blurred vision

The gearing was the main reason for me going bike engines on my grasser.

According to my calculations, I should have 65mph in first and around 95 in second, which will be about spot on as a race gear.

Have you welded the sprockets to your countershaft or splined them on?

NS Dev

posted on 29/8/08 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Volvorsport
wasnt there a volvo estate that came 9th or something !

Yep, posted some decent times by the looks of it!

NS Dev

posted on 29/8/08 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
edit, just had a look at your photo, those look dangerously like taperlocs holding the sprockets on??

Don't use em if they are!

They can't take the torque, speaking from experience, even the highest rated ones for 5/8 or 3/4 chain spin on the shaft, and if you keyway them they just break up!

froggy

posted on 29/8/08 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
the sprockets will be welded on as they are dirt cheap and its quicker to cut the shaft up and make a new one in the long run. the only unknown is how well the final drive chain will hold up being a single chain but there is enough room to double it up if i need to.

volvorsport that estate did well and wasnt far behind when i raced him but he was a bit too boost hungry and his head gasket went or he could have gone a bit quicker

NS Dev

posted on 10/9/08 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Chain should be ok as long as its a really good quality one.

I spoke for a good while to Berrisford on that one and he stopped me worrying!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.