Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Beetle Running Gear
minordelay

posted on 24/9/08 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Beetle Running Gear

Hi Chaps

To add to the projects I've got floating around at the college we have gained a Formula Vee 1/2 rolling chassis for the learners to play with.
What I need is an engine & box which must be swing axle type, engine size and condition not really important at this point it'd just be nice to get it rolling. Anything considered, I'm also going to need a set of body panels too, tatty would be good. Don't really have the time to make new.

Must be cheap as I'm using this as an example of a budget build.

Cheers

Mark G

posted on 24/9/08 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
I'm heading up to snet on the weekend to watch the Vee's race. My mate races one. If anyone smashes one up I'll ask if they want to donate any bits...

What chassis is it?

minordelay

posted on 24/9/08 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, TBH I don't really know what it is I'll try to find out some info on it, it's quite old at a guess but it was free!!!
MartynV

posted on 24/9/08 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Can,t help with formula vee but I am interested in your indyblade project as we have just completed a pinto indy with our students and are now considering a bike engine build! May need to swap notes on any issues and how you managed the student contribution to the project.

Martyn

minordelay

posted on 24/9/08 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Martyn

Managed isn't a word that I would use really, we still need to sort a few things out on the car to finish but have had constant problems with staffing etc.

I think we have met at a Degem training seminar in Basingstoke some time back, I work at Sandwell College.

I'll drop you a u2u

Nigel

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.