Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: donuts new wheels
donut

posted on 26/9/08 at 06:16 AM Reply With Quote
donuts new wheels

Here is my new set of wheels (and car) that i put a deposit on last night.

It's a Golf VR6 and what a motor!!

Car is mint!!, Owner looked after it for 3.5 years no expense spared. Few tiny stone chips but apart from that nowt. No rust or bubbles anywhere.
It has FK highsport coilover shocks that are height adjustable, Audi TT wheels, Mint Recaro interior, Engine does not smoke, rattle or knock, Pulls like a Fuc**** train, has new yokahama 205/40/17's FULL service history and all bills for stuff like wheel bearings exhaust etc etc. New windscreen just because there were a few stone chips, new mp3 stereo and it drives almost like new. All for £2k which i thought was pretty damn good. He had 1 bill for the suspension work and service/bearings etc which was just under £1k and another for £500 so again it's a no expense spared HPI checked never in an accident decent lovely mint VR6 and i'm a very happy man!!

Will be on ebay by Sun eve

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adam1985

posted on 26/9/08 at 06:22 AM Reply With Quote
very nice motor
JoelP

posted on 26/9/08 at 06:31 AM Reply With Quote
love them. They sound amazing with an induction kit/cone etc.
Humbug

posted on 26/9/08 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
I thought you were doing something radical with the 100E but under that Golf body kit you can't tell it's a Ford at all
Mr Whippy

posted on 26/9/08 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
donor engine for the 100e

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
graememk

posted on 26/9/08 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
when is it for sale ?

SyKaTurbo

posted on 26/9/08 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
Looks like a very nice buy. Dropped a VR into my cabby a few months back after picking up a rear ended 60k VR. Loved every single minute of it since! Mine didn't have lush recaros though.

bob

posted on 26/9/08 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
Andy

Take a tip from me and HPi the car before you depart with your hard earned

Edit :- and i dont just mean HPi for any outstanding balances, i know a couple of people who were ripped off with some right offs with VR6's a few years back.

[Edited on 26/9/08 by bob]

Danozeman

posted on 26/9/08 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
F****ing Lovely car mate. Iv always wanted one of them!! I remember being taken out in one of them when theyr new out. LOvely. AS said with an induction kit on they sound mental. Even better with a full stainless on.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

nick205

posted on 26/9/08 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk
when is it for sale ?

Very nice motor though and an all for £2k amazing what you can get for your money these days.

Always hankered after a Corado VR6 myself, something very squat and pruposeful about the coupe body shape.

Still think VW should have revived the Corado name with R32 motor and not the Scirocco for their new coupe

martyn_16v

posted on 26/9/08 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donut
It has FK highsport coilover shocks that are height adjustable

Make sure you keep the spring platforms well lubricated/protected or they won't be height adjustable for long. FKs love to rust

V nice car though. I've had a hankering for a mk2 VR6 for a while now, don't really know where that's come from

donut

posted on 26/9/08 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers peeps

graememk: Will be on ebay on Sunday eve i expect!! LOL LOL

Bob: Already sorted mate. All ok

Even the wife likes it and suggested driving it to the station...no bloody chance!!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

RK

posted on 26/9/08 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
You know you can build your very own complete car for 250 pounds don't you? Looks like you got ripped off.

Some other smart aleck was going to say it, I thought I'd be the first. Nice car!

[Edited on 26/9/08 by RK]

MikeRJ

posted on 26/9/08 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
Nice car, I very nearly bought one when I got shot of my Astra GTE16v many moons ago, but fuel economy put me off a bit (could get 40mpg out of the Astra if I took it steady).

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.