Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Spax and Avo - possible group buy?
SyKaTurbo

posted on 26/9/08 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
Spax and Avo - possible group buy?

Does anyone use these suspension suppliers for kit cars anymore. Both seem to offer a really good range of setups in steel and alloy with adjustabilty and a large range of sizes but I dont seem to see many using them.

What do people think? I was thinking of organising a group buy on some spax stuff and getting some really good prices organised. Just wondered if anyone would be interested?

Also, who do i need to speak to about becoming a trader?

Mr Whippy

posted on 26/9/08 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
I'd not buy steel coilovers, they are very heavy and rust

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
UncleFista

posted on 26/9/08 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SyKaTurbo
Also, who do i need to speak to about becoming a trader?

Fozzie

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

MikeCapon

posted on 26/9/08 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
I'd not buy steel coilovers, they are very heavy and rust

Don't write off steel coilovers as simply as that. In terms of weight there can be a (small) advantage for ally. Although it wieghs only one third of the equivalent component in steel it also needs to be much thicker to have the equivalent strength.

As far as corrosion goes it depends how the steel or ally is treated. A coat of cheap paint obviously won't last long but steel that is properly treated, for example zinc bichromate with an organic post treatment will last a long time.

There are a few good quality shocks around using steel bodies. It's worth asking here what people's experiences are with the different popular makes.

Corrosion will also vary due to the amount of humidity and salt around and to a very great extent how you look after your car. Where you keep it and how often you clean it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SyKaTurbo

posted on 26/9/08 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Tony. Sent him over a PM.

Well Spax can do an ally or a steel setup. The steel adjustables seem to be more inkeeping with Locost theme to me.

I was thinking of getting a set for my Indy but while i was at it going to see if i could negotiate a better deal on about 10 sets if i could move them on. I recon I could offer about 25% saving maybe.

Depending on the trader status too I could also look at doing some good deals on hi-spec brake upgrades and momo wheel and boss deals.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.