Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: i need a new phone contract - ideas?
john_p_b

posted on 27/9/08 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
i need a new phone contract - ideas?

my contract with 02 is up and my phone is nearly dead so i need to move onto something new.

phoned 02 and they won't renew my contract as i was on a 12 month contract and they no longer do anything less than 18 month contracts.

i was getting 500 minutes and 1000 texts for £30 a month and used to get what ever phone i wanted come upgrade time so had my heart set on the N96 this time but doesn't look like it'll be with 02.

anyone know of anything like i was getting and still on a 12 month contract and most seem to be going to 18 or 24 now.

cheers
john

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

mr henderson

posted on 27/9/08 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
How much do you use your phone? Do you need to use it that much?

I've always used pay and go. Does me fine, but then I'm not a big phone user and probably buy maybe £20's worth every 3 month.

John

john_p_b

posted on 27/9/08 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
need to use it that much - no but i do. i'll easily use all my minutes and texts each month so going to anything less wouldn't work out for me.

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

imp paul

posted on 27/9/08 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
hi well i have just got a 02 deal its simplicity 25 plan and it gives me 600mins and unlimited tex for £20 a month and its on a deal at that price at the moment should be £25 it seems ok o and its olny a 30 day contract cool

[Edited on 27/9/08 by imp paul]

[Edited on 27/9/08 by imp paul]

john_p_b

posted on 27/9/08 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
thats what they've put me on while i make my mind up what i want to do. it's a great deal don't get me wrong but i need a new phone and i love the gadgets of new phones and having new toys to play with so a cheap phone will do nowt for me!

imp paul

posted on 27/9/08 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
o well im not up on phones very much i have a old w810i it does wot it says on the tin it rings lol
K999NNY

posted on 27/9/08 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
I know it doesnt help with your question but if you are wondering about phones and listen to a lot of music I got a sony ericsson W980 free from o2 the other day after they mucked me about something awful. Its without a doubt the trickest phone I ever had. I think T-mobile offer some good deals with the phones. I had a problem with them when I went to cancel and renew with a new t-mobile contract where they cancelled my new contract and kept open my old one. That was years ago though.
stevebubs

posted on 27/9/08 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
If you want a phone and a 12 month contract, you'll pretty much be limited to 3.

The other big 4 are really trying to get people onto 18 month contracts...

rodriguez

posted on 27/9/08 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
I had this problem with O2 about a month ago, on 12 month contract for years. I phone up for upgrade and they say i cant get deal or phone i want unless i take a 18 month contract! I went mental, told them i like my new phone every year! In the end i made them put me through to cancellations, when they asked me why i was cancelling i said that vodafone were offering me 12 months with price/phone i wanted and that i wasnt impressed cos i had been with O2 for 7 years. They soon changed their tune and i got what i wanted!! Give it a try

get it lit

trogdor

posted on 29/9/08 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
I must admit I am surprised O2 won't give you a 12 month contract. I know they do via the carphone warehouse my wife works for O2 there. But if they did offer the 12 month one it would be rubbish, something like 75 mins a months.

Like previously mentioned most phone companies are trying to get you into 18month contracts. Tho you can upgrade your phone after 14 months.

You can try that cancellation ploy but it may not work. It depends on the person in the cancellation department

john_p_b

posted on 29/9/08 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
well i rang back 02 today armed with a deal i'd been offered at vodafone over the weekend. i'd admited defeat trying to get a 12 month deal as they were pretty poor to say the least so went with 18 months.

previously i was getting 500 minutes, 1000 texts and that was it for £35 a month. vodafone offered me 750 minutes unlimited texts and unlimited internet access for the same money. phoned 02 told em i was going with vodafone and that was enough to set em off. ended up with 600 minutes (i only use max of 400 a month anyway), unlimited texts, unlimited internet and a 8gb nokia N95 that they wanted £150 for thrown in for free. oh and they knocked my bill down to £25 a month!

i'm happy enough with that

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.