Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone got a Mondeo St tdci estate?
K999NNY

posted on 1/10/08 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone got a Mondeo St tdci estate?

Yet another option Im looking at on my ever growing list of possible cars! I would be looking at anything between 05 - 07. Does anyone know if the heated seats come as standard? Any experiences good and bad would be appreciated.

Cheers

tul214

posted on 1/10/08 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
I have a 2.2 mondeo estate but in ghia x guise as a company car and my boss had the st.

I think that it is a great car-pulls my Tiger with ease and you can chuck loads of kit in the back. I drive it hard and get an average of 43mpg. My boss thinks he's driving Miss Daisy and got 48's.

Mine has heated and cooled full leather seats as standard but the st has half leather and heated only.

Mine is going next month- 80k miles on a 06 plate and has never let me down. They are quite heavy on tires and the rain sensor/heated windscreen is costly to replace.

Only downside is that you look like a rep!

Hope that helps.

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

pajsh

posted on 1/10/08 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
I had an 06 saloon as a hire car for 6 months and it was OK.

A pretty hard ride as you can imagine and a bit nervy over the bumps. Seemed to stick well on the smooth stuff though. Heated seats were standard on it ST TDCI.

I would have had one but IIRC there were problems with the rear suspension that whilst in most cases were covered by warranty did cost a colleague (who had a similar but slightly onlder one) over £1k to fix.

The estate may be different though I guess.

HTH

I used to be apathetic but now I just don't care.

v8kid

posted on 1/10/08 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
I use a 2.2 zetec as my towing car and it has performed without fault for 80k. As mentioned heavy on front tyres and brake pads otherwise nothing.

They were really cheap new I think I paid £15k from a discounter and it was delivered on the back of a truck 2 days later! Should be cheap second hand - not worth selling really

Cheers

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
K999NNY

posted on 1/10/08 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the replies...... food for thought.
Ben_Copeland

posted on 1/10/08 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
I have 06 ghia x estate. lovely car, goes like stink and has better interior than ST. plus you don't get idiots trying to race you because they don't know you what you have.
18 inch wheels as standard which is a nice bonus!
Ford Mondeo
Ford Mondeo

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

coozer

posted on 1/10/08 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
07 plate cars are from the end of that model production.... and estates were the last of the 3 body shapes to go. Some may say keep away from start and end of production but they are great cars and much better than the X type Jag which is based on it.

I was amazed to see the whole plant full of 'wagons' in Jan 07 when I was there last, quite a sight

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.