Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another DVLA rip-off!
David Jenkins

posted on 6/10/08 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Another DVLA rip-off!

Got a letter from the DVLA this morning... apparently the picture on my driving licence expires at the end of November, and I have to provide a new one...

...and £17.50!

Can I have my old paper licence back, please? That didn't cost me a wad of money every 10 years to keep up to date.

NigeEss

posted on 6/10/08 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
WT

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

owelly

posted on 6/10/08 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Paper!!! I got taken to court for not having a valid drivers licence. I did have my paper licence but ONE number was missing from ONE of the document numbers printed on each corner of the licence!! If you look closely, you'll see your drivers number printed several times in the tiny margin around the licence. Due to my licence getting a bit tired, one of the numbers was crumbled. All the other numbers were clear.
Thankfully it got thrown out of court but WTF??

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jos

posted on 6/10/08 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
I only just found out that the photocard is only valid for 10 years from first issue recently too

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

David Jenkins

posted on 6/10/08 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
I sort-of knew that it would need to be 'refreshed' every so often - but I wasn't expecting to pay a fat fee for the privilege.

blakep82

posted on 6/10/08 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
i have to have mine replaced every 3 years no fee though, but i wonder what happens about the picture? its not been changed yet, but i've had my licence for nearly 9 years now...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

loggyboy

posted on 7/10/08 at 12:06 AM Reply With Quote
I guess its better to have a bunch of unlicenced morons using other peoples licences and avoiding identication/prosecution?

At least its cheaper than the £90 you have to pay for a passport!

Mistral Motorsport

trogdor

posted on 7/10/08 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
mine recently got stolen, and if i want another i have to pay that too! which is abit annoying.

I was surprised that you don't have to report to the DVLA that its been stolen. Tho i did report it to the police.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.