Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Adjustable Swaybar
rontyler

posted on 12/1/04 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Adjustable Swaybar

All,

There seams to be some interest in swaybar alternatives so, I thought I would forward one from my own experiences... I have had this design on the front of my ‘85 Vette for more than 10 years. It is a very simple design for infinite (and quick) adjustablity. The idea is that you machine a “flat” in the sway bar as long as you can (just shy of the bushings if possible) and then clamp a piece of bar stock with two U clamps on either end. To adjust, slide one clamp toward the other. The closer they are, the less the bar stock is able to assist, reducing the bars overall stiffness. Simple, cheap, effective, and reliable.

--rt Rescued attachment Untitled 0.jpg
Rescued attachment Untitled 0.jpg

pbura

posted on 12/1/04 at 11:50 PM Reply With Quote
That'd work!

I don't know if you saw the pic I tried to post to the other ARB thread, but that one worked by adjusting the effective lengths of the end links and would probably be cheaper for a builder without access to machine tools.

This one would probably give a wider range of adjustment, though, so could be the safe bet when the builder is not so sure about the amount of stiffness needed.

Thanks!!

Pete

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.