Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Leamington Stuff to do?
thepest

posted on 23/10/08 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Leamington Stuff to do?

Hi, Anyone know of things to do in leamington? I have a day to kill here, is there any fellow locoster around here?

Phil

omega0684

posted on 23/10/08 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
im in coventry about 10-15 minutes from leamington. car isn't road worthy though!

leamington let me think, you have some nice shops there down the parade and at the shires retail park, there is also the park and the roman baths, both nice places to take a walk.

you could always head over to stratford upon avon as well, thats only 15 minutes from leamington, lots of shakespeare touristy stuff to do there! as well as the river avon and boutiques

Dave ashurst is in warwick/leamington as well.

[Edited on 23/10/08 by omega0684]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
thepest

posted on 23/10/08 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks I'll go around there. Hope the weather holds enough to let me walk outside
Thinking about it

posted on 23/10/08 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Travel a little further and visit the Heritage Motor Museum at Gaydon.http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/

[Edited on 23/10/08 by Thinking about it]

stevec

posted on 23/10/08 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
I am in Coventry too.
There is a very good car museum in Coventry, free to get in, I think they still have the land speed record Thrust SSC car amongst some other really good stuff. Warwick castle is good aswell.
Steve.

omega0684

posted on 23/10/08 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
yeah the motor museum is about 15-20 minutes from leamington, right next to Land Rover and Aston Martin!

OR EVEN WHAT ABOUT COVENTRY MOTOR MUSEUM!

[Edited on 23/10/08 by omega0684]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
The Great Fandango

posted on 23/10/08 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
It's quite funny - one day a year or two ago I simply exited the M40 because I wanted to take a piss-take photo of the a sign for "Gaydon".

Learnt a lot that day...

- Gaydon's pretty close to Aston Martin's plant

- The Gaydon Inn does some of the best pub grub I've ever tasted.

He Who Dies With The Most Toys Dies The Happiest

MikeR

posted on 23/10/08 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
Dave Ashurst lives in Stratford now.

Leamington - as peeps have said.

Warwick castle is expensive - but buy some crisps and get a two for one offer, its still expensive but only half as expensive.

Kenilworth Castle is good on a nice day - althought there is little cover if its a bad day.

Coventry, again as said.

What do you want to do? Do you have people in tow?

Dave Ashurst

posted on 24/10/08 at 12:10 AM Reply With Quote
Hello, we're back in Leamington again (living in Stratford was a temporary thing).

Hi Phil,

Perhaps drop me a U2U.

When are you coming? I'm in Libya Tuesday to Thursday this week but apart from that I'm around evenings and weekends.

What to do? .... Al the things the guys said above are good.

Will you have a car? Gaydon Heritage Motor museum get's my vote if you can get there, I hear that the transport museum in Coventry has been refurbished(?) and is also very good.

Warwick castle is fantastic if you like castles and you've got enough cash. (just 2 miles from Leamington)

If you like old buildings but haven't got much cash then there are plenty of churches and National Trust properties in the area.

If the stairs up St Mary's church tower in Warwick are open you get great views from the top on a clear day.

Leamington's got good shops if you're with wife/girlfriend/ mother perhaps.

Also note that Stoneleigh has a good classic car restoration show on 26 October. It's only about 5 miles from Leamington and is usually way better than kit car shows in my opinion. Could be well worth a visit if you're a builder!

Otherwise if you're really stuck for ideas the local countryside has some good pubs to explore!

maybe see you?

Dave

thepest

posted on 24/10/08 at 06:59 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Dave you have u2u I am in leamington today (ie fri the 24th)
stevebubs

posted on 24/10/08 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
Lived there for 3 years (Warwick Uni)

Can't think of anything on top of what has already been mentioned...

Coventry transport museum (from memory) was pretty good for a half day and walking distance from the bus station.

(buses used to run from Leam to Cov very frequently thanks to the uni)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.