Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: mk indy st170
toyney

posted on 31/10/08 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
mk indy st170

any one fitted a ford focus st170 engine to a mk indy new chassis what do i need to do the the sump for the fitment of a type 9 gearbox, auxillary belt when power steering and the aircon removed and what wiring loom to use to make it simplier than using the standard loom plus ecu also got the key

[Edited on 31/10/08 by toyney] Rescued attachment DSC00173.JPG
Rescued attachment DSC00173.JPG

Dave Bailey

posted on 31/10/08 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
I have fitted one to a Velocity chassis although I dry sumped it to get extra groud clearance. Not much different to the standard Zetec except for VVC.

Dave B

coozer

posted on 31/10/08 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
I'm swapping my 1.8 silvertop for a ST170 atm.

As far as I can see its only like swapping a blacktop cause thats what the ST170 is basically.

Only differences I can see are the ali bit of the sump needs cutting back to get the starter in and on the nearside engine mount one of the bolt holes I'm currently using is missing. I've chopped the steel part of the sump as it leans back a bit in the Focus so I've leveled it off to the same height as the type 9 bell housing.

I'll be swapping the 1.8 flywheel onto it plus the carbs and alternator. Fairly straight forward using the first change light on the Megajolt to engage the VVT
My ST engine already has a spigot bearing in it as well. It also has a nice little water/oil cooler on the filter AKA bike engines so that will come in handy as well.

Once I have Mondays track day out the way I'll be cracking on and detailing it in my blog. Stay tuned!

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

tomblyth

posted on 1/11/08 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
I think tiger do a short sump quite cheap

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.