<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: mk SR20DET build
mk85

posted on 15/3/15 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
I removed the top lip so I could sit them down onto the top rails

mk85

posted on 15/3/15 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Got the panels mounted into place and held in place so I can transfer them onto my glass table

[Edited on 15/3/15 by mk85]

mk85

posted on 15/3/15 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote

mk85

posted on 15/3/15 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Pulled the panel of my glass and checked it out. It's not a bad fit. Needs sanding and a skim of filler but should look fine once it's all mounted

mk85

posted on 27/3/15 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
Well its getting closer and closer to its first test drive soon. Finally sourced the part of the Nissan prop I need without being robbed as the parts prices seam to be at an all time high unfortunately.

Last weekend I have some vynal wrap turn up to try wrapping a panel and get a feel for how it works and if its something I would consider doing myself. I went for an arctic camo but when it turned up it was glossy and I was hoping for a Matt finish plus the camo blobs looked bigger than I expected. The panel wasn't on the car when I wrapped it plus it was a windy day and a few dust particals got under the wrap. But the outcome was good enough for me. I know when I come to do the car I can pull the garage door down and wet the floor and have the panels in a fixed position.

mk85

posted on 27/3/15 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
I finally got my banjo bolts and copper washers from China after a few week wait so the water lines where fitted on the turbo and got that finished of. Just a matter of working out he to and where to put the air filter now.

mk85

posted on 1/4/15 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
Well the car is on the move now. Unfortunately not under it own power but on the back of a truck to my new house. I managed to have it taken 208miles for £120. Had to wait a week or so to get it on a return load for that cost.

Had a good week on the electronics of the car sorting the lights with the help of a friend. I purchased the flasher relays from China for £2 each but only one turned up. So I popped to the local Euro parts and ended up paying £12.30 for the one. After getting home and plugging it in I found it to be a faulty part. So. Returned the flasher and had a right fiascos trying to get my money back. But more of the finest Chinese parts are in there way.

mk85

posted on 4/4/15 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
Wrll after a successful move the car is in the new garage 6 times the size of my single garage and no room not its with 4 motorbikes one ride on mower and several push bikes. So it's a serious sort out over the next few weeks.
mk85

posted on 27/7/15 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote

mk85

posted on 27/7/15 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Been a while since I updated my build but since I moved to my new house it's been non stop. I started a new job and after two weeks I was let go after the new boss thought I was going to be giving him all of my personal work leads. So I decided to do more work for myself so the car was side lined for a while.

But no it has working brakes (no handbrake yet) they still feel rather spongy. I have had the calipers of there mounts and had them at all angles while trying to get them to bleed. I used a draper vacume tool that pulls the fluid from the master cylinder to the calipers. But am half tempted to use the local quickfit as they have a system that pushes the fluid from the cylinder back.

I managed to sort a few teathing problems with the motor and got it idleing nicely now. Buy still seam to have a drain on the battery. Sometimes it's fine for days then I go to start it and it's dead.

I also fitted a set of 13x7 wheels all round with some sticky tyres. And the drive now compared to the build 16" wheels I had on there is unbelievable.

Luckily for me I live in a very quiet part of Wales and have a country road that leads to my house. I have roughly 100 metres of driveway at my house but that it only good enough to see if the car moves. So I've taken it for a few runs around my house. And I can genuinely say that once it starts to pull in second and third gear it's actually quite hard to process the speed.

mk85

posted on 27/7/15 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Been a while since I updated my build but since I moved to my new house it's been non stop. I started a new job and after two weeks I was let go after the new boss thought I was going to be giving him all of my personal work leads. So I decided to do more work for myself so the car was side lined for a while.

But no it has working brakes (no handbrake yet) they still feel rather spongy. I have had the calipers of there mounts and had them at all angles while trying to get them to bleed. I used a draper vacume tool that pulls the fluid from the master cylinder to the calipers. But am half tempted to use the local quickfit as they have a system that pushes the fluid from the cylinder back.

I managed to sort a few teathing problems with the motor and got it idleing nicely now. Buy still seam to have a drain on the battery. Sometimes it's fine for days then I go to start it and it's dead.

I also fitted a set of 13x7 wheels all round with some sticky tyres. And the drive now compared to the build 16" wheels I had on there is unbelievable.

Luckily for me I live in a very quiet part of Wales and have a country road that leads to my house. I have roughly 100 metres of driveway at my house but that it only good enough to see if the car moves. So I've taken it for a few runs around my house. And I can genuinely say that once it starts to pull in second and third gear it's actually quite hard to process the speed.

mk85

posted on 30/8/15 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
I started to make my fiber glass dash this week. I used to ply wood as a mold. I stuck some foam on the rear to shape the bottom radius slightly bigger than the iva requirement just to be safe.

I covered the ply wood with a plastic bag so it was easily pulled apart.

Then i covered it with fiberglass giving it severl coats. But the last coat doesnt seamed to have gone of and is still tacky a week later so not to sure what to do now.

Angel Acevedo

posted on 29/9/15 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
Make a test piece of under catalyzed resin and fiber, then make asmall batch of slightly catalyst rich and brush over.
That should work if the uncured resin is not too thick.
I´ve done this on small projects that are not loaded or required to last as long as a car needs to...
HTH
AA

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mk85

posted on 11/10/15 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
Long time since I made an update but the car has moved on a lot but am just so stretched for time at the moment.

I've finally decided on a colour combo and it will he a mix of a Matt silver and carbon. I had to order lots of samples as they looked so much different in the flesh as to when they are on there website.

Also managed to find a nice Speedo for the dash the only down side is I need to mount the speed sensor onto the front wheel rim so need to look into that and see what's my best options.

mk85

posted on 12/10/15 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
This was my finished dash with my Speedo mounted.

Rossmcleod

posted on 12/10/15 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Any pics mate

Target : 540 BHP per ton :-)

mk85

posted on 12/10/15 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Also got a bracket made up to keep the radiator more secure

mk85

posted on 12/10/15 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Should be able t see it I can

quote:
Originally posted by mk85
Also got a bracket made up to keep the radiator more secure

mk85

posted on 14/10/15 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
My carbon rear archers turned up and it seams a real shame that i have to cut holes in them for the rear lights

Angel Acevedo

posted on 14/10/15 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
Can't you comply with regulations if you mount your lights on the rear panel instead?
HTH

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mk85

posted on 7/11/15 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Its still moving along slowly. Lots of new parts turning up as i find them on ebay.

But a new carbon aero screen has arived to go with the carbon touches i want on the car.

I spent afew hours the other night getting the hea dlights and indicators wired up. This took some research on wire gauges and relays ect but i finaly got there in the end just the rear lights to wire then i can start to fit and finish the body panels ready for wrapping.

mk85

posted on 25/11/15 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
Had a few good night's working on the car. I've managed to wire up the indicators and got them drilled out ready to fit.

My Speedo turned up the other week so I managed go fire that up. It works of a magnet sensor that I need to mount to the wheel. Once I make my front wing holders I will mount the sensor there. It looks a great bit of kit for the money.

mk85

posted on 25/11/15 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
I've had a delivery of all the little locks and catches that I want to use. Some came with paint damage I've emailed then but no reply after a week so a PayPal dispute it I order.

mk85

posted on 25/11/15 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Had a great buy from eBay for the passenger seat just some little modifications to the mounts and that's ready for the passenger side. As I plan to use a foam seat kit to get myself sitting in as firmly as possible.
mk85

posted on 7/12/15 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
Well I've started the process of wrapping the body panels son I can fit some of the lights.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.