Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: ARDS test
sickbag

posted on 31/3/14 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
ARDS test

Hi guys,

I'm finally getting close to finishing my MK and would like to get my race license sorted out as I may enter some towards the end of this year (RGB fingers crossed). My daughter would also like a go at racing and we'll probably share the car and race in different sessions.

My question is would we have to purchase seperate 'Go Racing Packs' at £100 each, or can we just buy one and share the information? I know we can share the DVD and the ebook but I notice the pack comes with an application form. Can I just copy this or is there a unique number on it?

I know I'll have to stump up the £250'ish for each of the actual ARDS tests, but £600 is slightly more affordable than £700.

Thanks guys,

Tony.

Finally back on the job!

chrism

posted on 31/3/14 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
You do need 2 packs as the pack includes the cost of the first licence, but the website says if you buy 2 or more together you get a discount, its not much though as 2 packs are £177 plus vat.

Also have a check with your local track as they may do a deal like Knockhill where they include the pack and test for £325.

http://driving-experience.knockhill.com/bespoke-competition-licence- ards.php

[Edited on 31/3/14 by chrism]

----------------------------
A little hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk!
-----------------------------

daniel mason

posted on 31/3/14 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
why not go for a non race national B license? you can then sprint or hillclimb the car and share it on the day at events but in the same class!

sickbag

posted on 31/3/14 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
I do like the idea of hill climbs, especially until I know the car has been put together well enough to stand a bit of abuse, but always thought you still needed a 'proper' license to compete. I'll do a little research, but I think it would be a good starting point anyway even if just going by the cost to compete.

I used to race bikes and I just thought the next logical step would be circuit racing with a car.

Thanks for planting that seed

Finally back on the job!

chrism

posted on 31/3/14 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.hillclimbandsprint.co.uk/docs/gettingstartedguide.pdf

----------------------------
A little hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk!
-----------------------------

daniel mason

posted on 31/3/14 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
non race national B is £38 I think.and no test needed. then if you have all safety gear. 8856-2000 suit,FIA gloves and lid. and your car complies. your ready to go! if you need any info on championships/events, let me know. much cheaper than circuit racing! but the competition seems fierce!

sickbag

posted on 31/3/14 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the link to HSA - I've been reading through the documents on there and prety much come to the conclusion that hill climbing is the way to go.

I was a bit confused about the different classes of the non-racing B license, but think I need the LEA one at £43.

All I need to do now is apply for it, and the not so small job of completing the car

Thanks guys.

Finally back on the job!

Duncan36

posted on 1/4/14 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't discount RGB, there is much more run off for mistakes on a circuit compared to a lot of hill climbs and you won't find a friendlier place than the RGB paddock.

www.acorn-printing.co.uk
www.tshirtuk.com

sickbag

posted on 1/4/14 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
Or pay the extra £17 each for the full license (+ the ARDS fee) and see how I go towards the end of the year. I still want to go circuit racing but want to see how competitive both the car and I am before spending more than necessary. If I can keep everything together this year then I'll join the RGB series next.

Finally back on the job!

Trollyjack

posted on 1/4/14 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
Once you decide to go racing
it can cost you Big £
you will need full FIA safety equipment.
Race suit
Gloves
Boots
Helmet
Under wear
that £1000
Fire Extinquisher
£100

Not to mention transponder
£300

and entry fees around £300 per meeting

TrollyJack

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
thefreak

posted on 1/4/14 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Granted circuit racing [I]is[/I] more expensive, but then it's a different thrill.
Hill climbing is about getting the course right, nailing the corners and braking points against the clock.

The buzz of sitting next to 20+ other cars on the grid all trying to get into that corner first while making sure the guy behind doesn't dive up the inside for 15-20 minutes, corner after corner, lap after lap is like nothing else.

I imagine hill climbing is similar to practice/qually for a circuit race. Trying to get the perfect lap while in a world of your own.

I would say for any car nut, having at least 1 proper circuit race in your life is a must. You watch it every other weekend on TV and always think to yourself you could do it... go for it!

Trollyjack

posted on 1/4/14 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
I know that why I'm building my own Locost going to do some trackdays this year and hope to race next year.

Cannot wait.

TrollyJack

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.