Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  5    6    7    8  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Front Lower Wishbones Bending?
onzarob

posted on 26/11/07 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
whoops, I missed read the diagrams....<walks away in shame!>
austin man

posted on 8/4/08 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
I had the very same problem of the tube begining to bend I was using MK items I think the problem is that the initial design was for the Kent engine and possibly the old A series this was a considerably lighter engine than the pinto and V8 you must also remember the weight of the gearbox. The heavier engine requires heavier springs therefore increased pressure on the wishbone. Above all else there will also be softening in the tube at the point where the weld ends due to the heat inflicted. MK now supply stronger versions of the lower wishbone to over come this. I added additional 3mm plate to nin to further strengthen. Never heard of this problem with a BEC
druid

posted on 15/4/08 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
lower wish bones

on looking at photo the lower tube is about 19 mm on later models lower tube dia was 25mm by 2.5mm wall hope this helps
StuartBJ

posted on 16/4/08 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
CC/CR wishbone suspension..... who thought that up??? I bet he works at quickfit

Did you notice how the roll centre raises until its inside the car? That`s not a performance increase now is it! Who thought that would be better, take him outside and shoot him.

The lower the roll centre the better.... imho

Where the roll centre has moved too is similar to a saxo, pug or other hatchback! Lets go to halfords a buy some speakers, innit!

<<  5    6    7    8  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.