Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: push pull control cable question
number-1

posted on 29/7/12 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
push pull control cable question

Afternoon folks

Im having problems with my gear change on a BEC. its using the push/pull control cable for changing gear but its not allowing me to change gears...i can sometimes get it ito 1st but cant get it back to N. Does anyone know if the sheath at the engine end should be able to come away from like it has in my pic? The sheath has moved towards the end of the cable leaving the wire inside to flex

PAUL FISHER

posted on 29/7/12 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
No they should be both fixed to the end of the cable, like mine in this photo
[img] MK PADDLE SHIFT FOR SALE
MK PADDLE SHIFT FOR SALE
[/img]

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

number-1

posted on 29/7/12 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Paul

With the sheath moved at the engine end, would that allow enough slack in the wire to prevent a gear change? or could there be more to my list of problems?

Mr C

posted on 29/7/12 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
They look a bit knackered. It looks like one has moved out and the other gone in. There's a few rubber seals missing as well. An mage of mine for comparison if it helps

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

PAUL FISHER

posted on 29/7/12 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I would say that is almost certainly your problem, cable tec is your best place to get a new one if you can't fix yours, cheap as chips

http://www.cable-tec.co.uk/Products/Push_Pull_Cables.asp

number-1

posted on 29/7/12 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Paul, ive just sent an email with a couple of pics
rachaeljf

posted on 29/7/12 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr C
They look a bit knackered. It looks like one has moved out and the other gone in. There's a few rubber seals missing as well. An mage of mine for comparison if it helps

Mr C, what car is that gearchange off? It looks just right for one of my projects.

Thanks

Rachael

Mr C

posted on 7/8/12 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote

Mr C, what car is that gearchange off? It looks just right for one of my projects.

Thanks

Rachael

Apologies for the delay in responding. Its from a GT4 Celica, the gearstick is inverted in the housing and then its actually mounted upside down, to get the bellcrank orientated for my application, if that makes sense.

The cable mounts and top plate are one off's though let me know if you need them and I may able to sort something

[Edited on 7/8/12 by Mr C]

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

rachaeljf

posted on 7/8/12 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
No worries, thanks for that. I did something just like that for my V6 X1/9's cable change; had to invert the stick and spin it 180 degrees.

I'm doing another cable change conversion project now and it's handy to note sources of nice compact bellcrank arrangements.

Cheers R

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.