Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pre IVA Pics
SteveWallace

posted on 1/5/14 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like a nice build. Just to agree with the other points already made

I) side repeaters will be checked for visibility from behind the rear arches so its very unlikely that they will pass the 5 degree test. LED's on the rear arches is the usual fix but I put mine on the front ones

ii) gold camber adjuster nut on the inside of the upper wishbones. I used walking stick ferrules which could be glued in place, but I inserted a bit of plastic into the hollow section and bolted it through.

Description
Description

iii) Top of front coil overs. Cover with a rubber boot as mentioned by others if they can be contacted by the radius sphere. I split the boot so that I could slide it on and then superglued it back together

iv) Lower radius of dash. If you have gone for the padded option rather than the 19mm radius, just make sure that its of the correct hardness, if its too soft or too hard he might fail you.

v) If there is no obvious earth strap on the fuel tank they will ask you to show that its earthed through the sender bolts, so worth having a multi-meter to hand

vi) Remember that the vin number has to be seam welded all of the way around, rather than tack welded, if you haven't gone for the stamping option.

[Edited on 1/5/14 by SteveWallace]

leon51274

posted on 1/5/14 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
Ok Chaps

Many thanks for all the replies so far.

To confirm all things listed.

Roll bar now fitted with spring washers
Camber adjustment nuts now capped off
Seat height (Good spot) Very close to the 700mm Dims but looks like it's about 20mm over by my measuring device
Side repeaters, I'm not willing to take the risk so I've just received little round led ones
Track rod ends, covers ready to go on
Fuel tank now separately earthed
Manufactures plate is off so just need to make another one

If I've missed anything feel free to shout up!

Cheers again
Leon

loggyboy

posted on 1/5/14 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leon51274
Side repeaters, I'm not willing to take the risk so I've just received little round led ones

Dont forget to remove the old ones as you are only allowed one pair of repeaters.

Mistral Motorsport

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.