Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Best place to get harnesses?
leemarkadams

posted on 8/9/09 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Best place to get harnesses?

Hello all, looking to re-do the interior of my car at some stage and one of the things I want to do is change my harnesses. The ones I have are 4 point, but have the shoulder straps fixed to the waist strap and it is a pain to get in and out of! So, where is the best place to get 4 point harnesses that all 4 points can be undone, to aid getting in and out?

Thanks

Lee

stevebubs

posted on 8/9/09 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
I like my Luke ones...
pewe

posted on 8/9/09 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
When I up-grade mine to wider ones I'm going for pull-up lap straps.
IIRC Securon in Amersham can do those to special order.
Cheers, Pewe

Duncan Mould

posted on 8/9/09 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Willans Harness are nice I have those in mine, go for the 3" wide ones as they dont cut in and have a neat aviation style turn buckle in the middle. They can also take another point if you want a crotch strap for racing or track days and com in a lovely blue colour.
Stockbridge racing make them and although they are not cheap they are bloody comfy.

irvined

posted on 8/9/09 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
In the seven I have sabelt 4 points, the adjustment can be a bit fiddly around the waist as you tighten by pulling away from you. I'm a tight squeeze in the car so its awkward getting them really tight without removing them and rebuckling them.

However they are 3", very comfortable and were a reasonable price. They are also handed so as not to scratch the side of your car with the buckle.

In the fury I went for Scroth Profi II harness which have adjusters that can be set to pull or push to tighten, also have a nice buckle, and are very comfortable.

The Sabelt ones i bought at stoneleigh direct from Sabelt, and the scroth harnesses I got from MSAR Safety who were very friendly on the phone.

http://irvined.blogspot.com

coozer

posted on 8/9/09 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
TRS ones in mine from Jam.

Adjusting the waist is a bit fiddly but once its right just moving the seat back a notch loosens them off.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

RK

posted on 9/9/09 at 01:05 AM Reply With Quote
I second the Willans Harnesses, by Stockbridge Racing in - wait for it - Stockbridge! They make them for everyone you have ever heard of in racing and aren't that far from you. Excellent service (while you wait if you want) but not cheap!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.