Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Have i blown my oil pressure gauge?
furryeggs

posted on 28/2/19 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Have i blown my oil pressure gauge?

I've just got my dash back together after re trimmimg it and have noticed my oil pressure gauge isn't working. Everything was fine and ok before the re trim. The back light is fine and I have checked the voltage and connections to the sender and it's all testing ok...

I did however stupidly get the signal and voltage wires mixed, is this likely to of fried my gauge. oil pressire light is ok, (on with ignition and off when running)... Is there anything else to check just incase? before i give Stack more of my money...

Mr Whippy

posted on 1/3/19 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
what's the signal voltage? I once connected a fuel gauge direct without the regulator and it blew instantly, they tend to be quite fragile due to the fine wires used for the needle coils

[Edited on 1/3/19 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
furryeggs

posted on 1/3/19 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
7v with ignition on, 5v running. tested at gauge and sender.
furryeggs

posted on 4/3/19 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Been through the wiring again to check and all chevks out ok. I think it mst be buggered
James

posted on 6/3/19 at 01:06 AM Reply With Quote
Probably worth asking the manufacturer if they'll look at repairing it before you replace.

Also, any decent electronics engineer can probably work out what's blown and may be able to replace the failed component.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.