<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What's your daily driver
Mr Whippy

posted on 16/5/22 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by b14wrc
What you printing today mr Whippy?

A mixture of model King George V battleship (1:72) and King Tiger tank (1:10) parts, it never ends

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
swanny

posted on 16/5/22 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
Started off with a Fiesta too, 1985 pop plus, wish I still had it. I've looked a few times at buying another but i'd need another garage

current daily is a Jag XF diesel portfolio. always wanted a newish jag after loving a very knackered s-type.

drives nicely, but seats are amazingly uncomfortable. miss my old rover 75 seats!

b14wrc

posted on 16/5/22 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:
Originally posted by b14wrc
What you printing today mr Whippy?

A mixture of model King George V battleship (1:72) and King Tiger tank (1:10) parts, it never ends

Very interesting, like to see the finished model.

20vt powered rear engined locost

SJ

posted on 16/5/22 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
Mazda 6 2.0 petrol estate for me. Bought it new in 2017 and plan to keep it until it dies, or at least is very old.

Brilliant car though as it averages 43mpg on unleaded and drives really nice. So far just had oil changes & air filters. Changed the brake pads at 43k miles but they probably would have lasted another 10k.

It's so much nicer to drive than the last few diesels I had.

nick205

posted on 16/5/22 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Only 1 so far on this thread, but I wonder how many use their kits as daily drivers?

I didn't when I had mine, but I did use it when I could. Got a few soakings, but part living with using it.

craig1410

posted on 16/5/22 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
2008 BMW 535d E61 for me. 286BHP of diesel power and around 40 MPG. Practical with a large boot and roof rails and fun to drive on the twisties too, with incredibly comfortable seats. Was around £60k new but I paid £8k just over two years ago when it had done 105k miles. Been reliable for me so far but I tend to go for preventative maintenance rather than waiting for stuff to break.

Not sure what I would buy to replace it. Our other car is an i3 BEV and we're not quite ready for 2 EVs.

Description
Description

[Edited on 16/5/2022 by craig1410]

Mr Whippy

posted on 16/5/22 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Only 1 so far on this thread, but I wonder how many use their kits as daily drivers?

I didn't when I had mine, but I did use it when I could. Got a few soakings, but part living with using it.

I built one of these a very long time ago and drove it as my only car for around 5 years regardless of the weather. It was ok, had a decent cortina heater, was kinda weather proof, but noisy, bouncy and utterly impractical. Only storage was a tiny bit behind the seat and the luggage rack at the back. I'm quite short and it felt very small to me!

Saying that I'd definitely have one again but would not take the kids in it and it would need to have a more modern engine than the 2ltr pinto.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 17/5/22 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:
Originally posted by nick205

I built one of these a very long time ago and drove it as my only car for around 5 years regardless of the weather. It was ok, had a decent cortina heater, was kinda weather proof, but noisy, bouncy and utterly impractical. Only storage was a tiny bit behind the seat and the luggage rack at the back. I'm quite short and it felt very small to me!

Saying that I'd definitely have one again but would not take the kids in it and it would need to have a more modern engine than the 2ltr pinto.

Fair play Mr Whippy.

Mine was an MK Indy, 2.0 Pinto, no roof, screen or heater.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.