New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Come On Webbo!!!
JoelP

posted on 1/8/10 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
here here. Or is it hear hear?

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

JoelP

posted on 1/8/10 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
10 place fine for MSC next race anyway, thats likely to be a back row start for him

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

02GF74

posted on 2/8/10 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
10 place fine for MSC next race anyway, thats likely to be a back row start for him

should not be allowed to race IMO.

Luckily for Rubens the concrete wall ended otherwise he'd be in a wooden box!

... but he was amazingly calm about the event considering!!

Browser

posted on 2/8/10 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
Herr Schum-bag-cher deserved an uppercut to his pointy chin for that move!! A blatant, unsafe and pointless attempt to stop a faster former team-mate from passing. Revoke his super-licence and tell him to shove off back to his playpen!

James

posted on 2/8/10 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
Well, I guess if anyone other than Lewis is gonna win WDC I'd prefer it was Webber.

Pity Ferrari and Red Bull have to do it by cheating with their front wings!

This is the 2nd time Red Bull have been caught contravening the rules this season- they've already had to change their rear suspension after it was spotted it was wrong after the first 4 races or so.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

craig1410

posted on 2/8/10 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
Well, I guess if anyone other than Lewis is gonna win WDC I'd prefer it was Webber.

Pity Ferrari and Red Bull have to do it by cheating with their front wings!

This is the 2nd time Red Bull have been caught contravening the rules this season- they've already had to change their rear suspension after it was spotted it was wrong after the first 4 races or so.

Cheers,
James

If RedBull and Ferrari are cheating then why have none of the other teams protested? Also, how come they have passed scrutineering? Answer - because they are not cheating!

It's no different to McLaren's F-duct. Just another innovation in F1 which will either be "clarified" out of the rules or will be copied by the less innovative teams. How well these innovations are copied by other teams is what defines the competitiveness of each team as the season progresses. As we have seen, Ferrari have copied the blown diffuser much more effectively than McLaren which is a big part of the reason McLaren are behind Ferrari now.

No need to accuse teams of cheating just because they are doing a better job at the moment...

James

posted on 2/8/10 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
I believe Mercedes have already complained.

The wings are clearly flexing below the reference plain- this is a contravention of the rules.

The FIA are yet to detect it yet as their test isn't sophisticated enough. This will change as of next race when they will be tested at 100kg instead of 50kg.

I gather from a senior man at Mclaren that they've already agreed voluntarily that they will change their wings for next race to a non-flexing version.

http://adamcooperf1.com/2010/08/01/exclusive-fia-set-to-clamp-down-on-flexible-wings-by-belgian-gp/

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

craig1410

posted on 2/8/10 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
I believe Mercedes have already complained.

The wings are clearly flexing below the reference plain- this is a contravention of the rules.

The FIA are yet to detect it yet as their test isn't sophisticated enough. This will change as of next race when they will be tested at 100kg instead of 50kg.

I gather from a senior man at Mclaren that they've already agreed voluntarily that they will change their wings for next race to a non-flexing version.

http://adamcooperf1.com/2010/08/01/exclusive-fia-set-to-clamp-down-on-flexible-wings-by-belgian-gp/

Cheers,
James

Yes, I'm aware of the above but the fact remains that nobody to my knowledge has officially "protested" because they know the wings are legal with regards to the current FIA tests. Nobody is cheating!

If a new FIA test is brought out then the cars will all have to pass the new test and therefore RB and to a lesser extent Ferrari will need to change their wings to comply. The Ferrari wing doesn't flex to the same extent as RB so it might not need to be changed.

I'm sure you're aware, F1 is a game of cat and mouse with the rule makers and this is just one chapter of that story which has gone on for 60 years.

Ninehigh

posted on 2/8/10 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by amalyos
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Come on Webbo? He's a bloody foreigner man!

He's the only F1 driver who lives in the UK !!!

And while he may be driving a foreign car for a foreign team it's been designed by a brit so he's one of us!

Hellfire

posted on 3/8/10 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
I'm a massive Schumacher fan but I think what he did was wrong. Having said that, he was only doing what comes instinctively to all F1 drivers and although he did squeeze Rubens a bit too much, these guys are used to driving within centimeters of concrete barriers.

Phil

welderman

posted on 3/8/10 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
I'm a massive Schumacher fan but I think what he did was wrong. Having said that, he was only doing what comes instinctively to all F1 drivers and although he did squeeze Rubens a bit too much, these guys are used to driving within centimeters of concrete barriers.

Phil

I've been a fan of Schumacher for years, it was a harsh move i agree, but everyone keeps saying F1 is boring, he's just making it more interesting .

Joe

omega 24 v6

posted on 3/8/10 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I've been a fan of Schumacher for years, it was a harsh move i agree, but everyone keeps saying F1 is boring, he's just making it more interesting .

I'm very interested in F1 as well but not enough to watch someone die through and accident caused by actions like his.
here is an examlpe of what may have happened had things gone wrong ( more or less the same manouvre )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je71qzTdzx0

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.