Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: new tyre recomendations
theconrodkid

posted on 1/4/21 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
new tyre recomendations

my tintop needs some new boots (185/60/15), it dont go too far and it dont go too fast, i have had a look online and all the companies look to be pretty similar, cheapo ditchfinders are only a couple of quid cheaper than dunlop etc, any recomendations before i pop across the road to where my MOT is going to happen and pass some hard earned over to titfit

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

mcerd1

posted on 1/4/21 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
^^ I've been using these Goodyears for the last couple of years: link y

got a set on the wife's car and my tin-top as its summer tyres - they were also the OE ones on my mum's Yeti.
they grip well wet & dry - don't cost too much in normal sizes - so all good

and they seem to last pretty well too - so far I'm getting 2x / 3x as many miles out as set compared to some others I've had
(I'm not know for being kind to my tyres either - I used to love the grip and feel of vredestein sportrac 3's on the old tin-top - but I could burn through the best grip they had in less than 5000 miles )

at £62 I'd say they are a bargain! (having paid £120 each for the wife's weird size ones)

[Edited on 1/4/2021 by mcerd1]

-

theconrodkid

posted on 1/4/21 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for that Mcerd1, ditchfinders are only £10 cheaper so that sounds like a no brainer, maybe i should rephrase my question, where would you buy them from ?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

mcerd1

posted on 1/4/21 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
I've used mytyres in the link above before without any issues - mind you I just got them delivered to me and used my own local tyre fitters (I have several good ones here - not quickfit or farmers)

just remember that £62 price isn't including fitting - £8 - £15 per corner depending on the garage.
if you go with there fitting partners it does tell you the fitting price before you pay at least.

I've searched a bit more and blackcircles are actually doing them even cheaper mail order only (but a bit more fitted):
https://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/goodyear/efficientgrip-performance/185/60/R15/H/84/m?tyre=32108724

but I'd shop around locally first - I can easily get them for the same price fitted down the road here:
https://www.eastlintontyres.co.uk/TyreSearch/Details/10092/Goodyear+EfficientGrip+Performance+18560R15

and you might find an even better deal...
(I did look up the price in quickfit & farmers just for a laugh - £5 extra in one and £10 more in the other - really I don't know how they get any work... )

[Edited on 1/4/2021 by mcerd1]

-

mark chandler

posted on 1/4/21 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Buy a second hand car and it comes with second hand tyres, if your saving money get some high end part worn tyres
roadrunner

posted on 1/4/21 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
I get mine from Camskill. Never found anyone cheaper.
theconrodkid

posted on 8/4/21 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
back again
thanks for the replies peeps, al done and passed the MOT with no bother

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.