Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Top Gear "Geoff" roadworthyness?
blakep82

posted on 23/11/09 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
i'm not sure how much of this latest series will be repeated on daytime dave

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

scootz

posted on 23/11/09 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
if you don't like TG, you know what to do...

Description
Description

I did... just before the second part of the electric-car feature came on - it was that lame! First time I've not watched a whole episode.

I don't think anyone is saying the show is complete cack and therefore worthy of avoidance... just that there's so much potential going to waste. It was much more amusing when there was a naivety about the three goons dicking about. Now the producers / writers seem to think they're making a (bad) sit-com and it's just become a bit predictable.

I'll still watch it though as there are the occasional nuggets of greatness and James May still entertains.

It's Evolution Baby!

rf900rush

posted on 23/11/09 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
Loved this weeks show.

I think their joke attempt of an elcetric car, was aimed as the joke electric cars out there at the moment.

I actually looked into the G-WIZ, until I worked out that the running costs was higher the my Subaru outback

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Johneturbo

posted on 23/11/09 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
I did like the Genny in the back
morcus

posted on 23/11/09 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Off course Geoff was a joke, they bought an electric vehicle and canabalised it to make another one, If it habe been serious they could have built it for alot less than the 6 or 7 grand that monstosity cost. But it was entertaining. I do wish they would put more car reviewing back into topgear, I'd also like to see more history type segments aswell.

The problem with 5th gear is they are always trying to be topgear but half there presenters are just annoying. Used Car roadshow is where its at for the real consumer advice.

was anyone else actually curios to see how the Gwiz would go up the hill and dissapointed that they didn't do it? I love to have a go in one just to see what its like, but you could have a real car for the same money.

dogwood

posted on 23/11/09 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
iT made James May a star which is a good thing as his Toy Story programs are excellent -

I agree, I thought his Scalextric at Brooklands was brillll..

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

morcus

posted on 23/11/09 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
I still say they should compulsory purchase all that stuff and rebuild it, then hold the GBGP there.
Ninehigh

posted on 25/11/09 at 05:47 AM Reply With Quote
F1GP at brooklands? You do know half of it is now offices and houses.

Nash

posted on 25/11/09 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
I still say they should compulsory purchase all that stuff and rebuild it, then hold the GBGP there.

My heart (see nostalgia) agrees with you BUT this country is partly in the state it's in because we live in the past and rest on our laurals.

It's time we invested in the future and not just as a financial institution or service society. We've seen how fickle that is. we need some longer term views that stretch beyond a political term.

In motorsport (let's get back on topic here) let's develop new infrastructure to match the quality and professionalism of the teams. Top Gear should be promoting british expertise and leading lights in the automotive industry. Kit Cars and more impotantly the skill and inginuity that goes into the builds (look no further then here for that) are part of that as are the Universities and the courses they now run in motorsport and automotive engineering.

My point is we need to look at what British expertise can do for the automotive industry and develop the next stage of "alternative" auto technology now that would be something to watch on Top Gear!

Soap box back under the table.

........ Neil

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

morcus

posted on 25/11/09 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
So we should build new tracks?

I really don't understand why that stuff was built there in the first place, did people not realise how important Brooklands is when they gave it the go ahead?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.