Board logo

Turbo inlets
beaver34 - 7/7/11 at 09:55 PM

What inlet manifolds and plenums are people using?

Think if using maybe a gtir one, but unsure if it worth sing the throttle bodys from them also? I think the spacing is miles out though, any other options other than make one from scratch

Thanks

mark chandler - 7/7/11 at 10:30 PM

bent a bit of 2mm ali around a plastic drain pipe and welded up.

It split along the side welds after a while so I added some pins to stop it flexing.

Made it with trumpets inside as well, really keen that day

FASTdan - 8/7/11 at 06:53 AM

I have developed a plenum top casting, 4-5mm thick, just under 4000cc vol. The one shown was a prototype but I have a batch on the way in the next week or so.....

Plenum

I am keen to develop this in a few formats as listed in that post. Should have pics of the Jenvey conversion soon.

matt_gsxr - 8/7/11 at 08:21 AM

Gtir plenum back. Plate on front which needs cutting to size and some holes to which you can mount your gsxr re-spaced TBI's.

Flak Monkey did a nice job of this, I also used that approach. It turns out nice and is cost effective and provides a take-off for a dump valve (if you want to use it).

You can even polish it to a mirror shine if you really have time to waste (not mine I should add)!

Matt

beaver34 - 8/7/11 at 12:53 PM

Was looking at usig the gtir one, but inwasnt really looking to down the throttle body route think Im having just one

Dan that inlet looks good

westy turbo - 13/7/11 at 12:59 PM

Same one here,great piece of kit,u can either go with bodies,or to a single one,i went 60mm

beaver34 - 13/7/11 at 03:19 PM

what 60mm body did you use? where from?

westy turbo - 14/7/11 at 04:28 AM

Jenvey one,