Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Strangest thing you have seen on the motorway.
eznfrank

posted on 20/4/12 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
On Tuesday I saw a guy cycling down the M621 towards Leeds, admittedly on the hard shoulder but still an act of lunacy!!
blakep82

posted on 20/4/12 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
stuck in traffic, and next to the car, in the central reservation, and 12" long, big black, er, ladies toy...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

iank

posted on 20/4/12 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Dead seagull, in my rear view mirror shortly after mistakenly taking off from the central reservation right into my path this morning.

Made a hell of a bang into the windscreen right at eye level! Wouldn't have wanted to be in a car without a screen helmet or not.

[Edited on 20/4/12 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Ivan

posted on 20/4/12 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
Not seen by me - however !!!

mcerd1

posted on 20/4/12 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
A Mercedes Saloon car doing 70 - 80mph in the middle lane of the M1, with the Offside wheel (still attached to the vehicle) bouncing nearly a foot clear of the road as he/she was driving along. The back end of the car was not going up and down at all.

I was heading north up the M6 a couple of years back in my old 106 (north of manchester somewhere I think....)

I was just crusing along at 60-65 (45bhp need a bit of 'persuasion' to go much faster than that )
when I got overtaken by an old git in a brand new merc SLK, nothing out of the ordinary untill he went to pull back in and one of his rear wheels sudenly developed a 45 degree positive camber. I don't beleve that this is a standard feature on SLK's, so I tried to alert him to fault, but in responce I got a 'what do you want commoner?' look and he shot off at 100+ mph

and on the A1 up here (ok not technicaly a motorway) I saw a little puff of smoke about 1m diamiter just hanging in the air....

...but I saw that in my rear view mirror as my car had just suddenly stalled at 70mph and the smoke was about 1mm worth of my clutch

-

spiderman

posted on 20/4/12 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
A courteous driver obeying all the traffic laws. Not really I am just lying through my teeth.

Spider

sebastiaan

posted on 20/4/12 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
A guy running down the hard shoulder in his underwear late one saturday night a few years ago on the A12 between Utrecht and The Hague....

Do I win?

jossey

posted on 20/4/12 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sebastiaan
A guy running down the hard shoulder in his underwear late one saturday night a few years ago on the A12 between Utrecht and The Hague....

Do I win?

Sorry you came close but benzine won with 5-6 women mooning him.

Sorry but thanks for trying.

There will be another competition next week.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
lotusmadandy

posted on 20/4/12 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
A dead cat lying by the side of a sliproad,with
a freshly painted whiteline going straight over the top of it.
I nearly crashed with laughing.

Andy

MikeR

posted on 20/4/12 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey
quote:

Do I win?

Would it change the results if the guy doing the running was a member of this web site?????

Peteff

posted on 21/4/12 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
Not me but a mate showed me a picture of an Irish road sign half way down a slip road looking from the rear of the car. It said "Wrong way go back"

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

theduck

posted on 21/4/12 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
Miles of stationary traffic on the M40 Northbound that had beensat there so long people were out their cars waling around and chatting to people, south bound was deserted.

Turned out to be because of that biker who got shot.

SteveWallace

posted on 21/4/12 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Boing 737 on the hard shoulder of the north bound M1. I was there in 1989 when the British Midland flight failed to make the runway at East Midlands airport. I was travelling back to Leeds from London at the time. I think that about 47 people on the plane died and I am amazed that they didn't take any traffic with them.

Less dramatically, I did a reasonable impression of the old Volvo advert where the driver is avoiding flying boxes whilst someone takes pictures. I was driving down the M6 approaching a flat bed lorry with washing machine sized boxes on the back. Two of them fell off and started to cart wheel down the motorway. I was approaching very fast so I swerved and went through the gap between the two of them as they rolled down the road.

sebastiaan

posted on 21/4/12 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey
quote:

Do I win?

That made me chuckle, thanks!

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 3/5/12 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
This was not on a motorway, but it did make me chuckle...

Holdup
Holdup

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.