Gakes

posted on 8/6/09 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Now thats shweet!

Nice work Garbrand, good eye

Description
Description

sgraber

posted on 9/6/09 at 12:42 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah, that's a WOW from me too. I'll be looking closely at how to get those lines working on the real thing now.

I should have left the car orange....

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Garbrand

posted on 9/6/09 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Red one

Glad you like it.

Here is another one, it is drawn over the roof line from one of the first pictures, so your head should fit in

Just tweaked the existing curve a little, the 'intake' in the rear pillar will be a little tricky to make but looks worth it in my opinion.

Description
Description

Garagistes!

sgraber

posted on 27/8/09 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
I've made a bit of progress on the hard top (and the doors, and the windshield wipers, and the longitudinal 4.2L Audi v8 engine design, and the independent rear suspension, and... yes lots of other things) but this is a hard top thread so if you don't mind viewing a Youtube video and providing comments please! Please note that the scoops and other design elements are yet to be added, but they will, they will... once I get the overall shape to my liking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgYSr2V-SDI

Thanks!

Graber

Steve Graber

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
neilj37

posted on 27/8/09 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Love the lines on the orange version, as stated a good eye.

I have to say this a great looking car. Any plans for a La Bala to be built in the UK or is somebody already building one?

DanP

posted on 1/9/09 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Steve

sorry for the slight hijack but I've been following the Bala for a few years and am really impressed with the end result.

Did I read right that your are looking at an Audi 4.2 la Bala? I've been wondering for a little while if the Bala would take the Audi v8 because I'd love to build a mid-engined v8 sportscar, but would prefer to start with a proven design as I don't think I'm experienced enough to scratchbuild like the guys in here.

I've been having a look through your forum but hadn't seen much talk of the Audi v8.

Cheers
Dan

sgraber

posted on 2/9/09 at 02:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DanP
Hi Steve

sorry for the slight hijack but I've been following the Bala for a few years and am really impressed with the end result.

Did I read right that your are looking at an Audi 4.2 la Bala? I've been wondering for a little while if the Bala would take the Audi v8 because I'd love to build a mid-engined v8 sportscar, but would prefer to start with a proven design as I don't think I'm experienced enough to scratchbuild like the guys in here.

I've been having a look through your forum but hadn't seen much talk of the Audi v8.

Cheers
Dan

Thanks Dan, You are right. One of the reasons I haven't spoken too much about it is due to the fact that my kit La Bala will continue to be the Transverse design but now with the targa top. This is the low cost car which I started from and feel that Locostbuilders really helped me develop. It is still being developed and the plans are 95% completed but with the addition of the hard top design I have made some changes recently which will be sent out to all my plan purchasers as soon as I have verified the fitment under the hardtop.

I do have a new car in progress which is based on the La Bala and I am calling it the V8 Bala. It's powered by an Audi 4.2 longitudinal making 340hp and 340lb/ft torque, using an Audi TDI 6 speed FWD box with a completely updated chassis including IRS. However it won't be a kit. Or, if it is a kit, it won't be available as plans. I expect this frame to be professionally TIG welded only in either cromoly or .090 wall 1.75" DOM. There will also be some styling differences including a different nose and lights.

Here are some of the most recent CAD grabs. Not finalized.

Steve Graber

Fred W B

posted on 6/9/09 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hubba Hubba Steve! No wonder you've been too busy to post much lately. This deserves a thread of it's own?

Cheers

Fred W B

[Edited on 6/9/09 by Fred W B]

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.