Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Michael Schumacher stand in for Massa
eddie99

posted on 28/7/09 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
Michael Schumacher stand in for Massa

Discuss:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8172310.stm

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Mr Whippy

posted on 28/7/09 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
I thought he was very busy being the Stig

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
balidey

posted on 28/7/09 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
My 2p worth.
I never liked him (not sure why, we all have our likes and dislikes. I love Button but hate Hamilton )

But, I would LOVE to see Schumi out there against some drivers now that never had the chance before.

D Beddows

posted on 28/7/09 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
I think it would be a huge mistake for him to do it - he went out pretty much at the top of his game and should be remembered like that - and for having the integrity to know it was time to go when he was still capable of winning.....

Button - has a couple of bad races and he's moaning on like a big girl again......... wether you like Hamilton or not you've got to admire the way he's just quietly got on with it in what has been a rubbish car for most of this season

DaveFJ

posted on 28/7/09 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
I think it would be a huge mistake for him to do it - he went out pretty much at the top of his game and should be remembered like that - and for having the integrity to know it was time to go when he was still capable of winning.....

Button - has a couple of bad races and he's moaning on like a big girl again......... wether you like Hamilton or not you've got to admire the way he's just quietly got on with it in what has been a rubbish car for most of this season

well said

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

nick205

posted on 28/7/09 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
Go for it Shuey

I think it would be boon for F1 to have Shuey back for a few races - it would certainly make me watch again.

Who care if he were to win a GP or not - either way you know he'll be 100% committed to one thing - the racing - and that IMHO is good for the fans.

speedyxjs

posted on 28/7/09 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
I never liked Shumacher and as much as i hate Alonso, i would love to see him in the spare ferrari. I think it would add another interesting twist to this season.
Plus i would like to see how he deals with racing up there with Webber, Vettel, Hamilton (hopefully) and Button.

eddie99

posted on 28/7/09 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
I think it would be awesome to see a true proven genius race against all the stars now
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
zilspeed

posted on 28/7/09 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Schumacher did what he did and got out with his life / health / family intact.

In the week where Henry Surtees died, Massa could have died and Alonso's mechanics screwed up so badly, I think he would do well to say 'no thanks'.

He's had his time and nothing he does now can enhance how he is remembered, but he can do a lot to tarnish an otherwise untouchable legacy.

chris_smith

posted on 28/7/09 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
i already mentioned this on this thread HERE

chris

The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows."

RickRick

posted on 28/7/09 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
I think it could be good for ferrari too, he was part of a couple of reams that improved there cars quickly with scumacher driving them.
D Beddows

posted on 28/7/09 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
Do you realy think he hasn't driven the current Ferrari at some point already ????

MK chippy

posted on 28/7/09 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DaveFJ
quote:

well said

Well said x2.

Also i'm fairly sure that schumacher did some testing for ferrari before the season started. If he comes in and wins a couple of races it would help button by stopping the likes of vettel, webber etc from getting max points.

Dave

[Edited on 28/7/09 by MK chippy]

dubstar_04

posted on 28/7/09 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Very well said but I must admit I would love to see some of the younger drivers up against Schumacher, that would make some interesting racing...

D Beddows

posted on 28/7/09 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Has Valenteno Rossi got a couple of weekends spare? I hear he was quite handy in an F1 car..... much more fun than Mr Schumacher comming back

Is it only me that remembers the pantomines that were Nigel Mansels 'comebacks' btw

JoelP

posted on 28/7/09 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
i think its an interesting turn of events, all we need now is to get the musical chairs sorted and jobs a good un.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.