Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: traffic wardens......idiots
skinned knuckles

posted on 7/1/10 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
traffic wardens......idiots

have jst been watching a traffic warden at stick tickets on seven cars parked just down the road from my office. thing is, you cant see the yellow lines because of the snow, so i went out with my camera and took a photo of the cars with the tickets on and how they were parked, went back to the office and printed them off along with the appeals process and stuck them under the wipers of each of the cars.
the same warden has come along now and taken all of my printouts off and binned them! shame for him i was watching and got him on video doing it

as far as i was aware, the warden can put a ticket on your car but i doubt he has the right to take anything off?

before i send this video to the council and the police, does anyone know the law on this?

[Edited on 7/1/10 by skinned knuckles]

A man isn't complete until he's married, then he's finished

andyharding

posted on 7/1/10 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
I'd go and put another copy out and if he comes back go and give him a bill for your printing costs for stealing the first lot. You are certainly breaking no law putting an informational leaflet on peoples car advising about parking law. They Council won't stand a chance enforcing any of those tickets unless there is old supplementary signage still in place. I'd spend the rest of my day waiting for the owners to come back and personally hand them the info you printed. Warden will no doubt go nuts and you can call the bill on them for breaching the peace

[Edited on 7/1/10 by andyharding]

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

Agriv8

posted on 7/1/10 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Have you the name / warden number - if so I would be on the blower to parking services if you get no joyfrom then a call to the 'local newspaper' that should make some councilors squirm.

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

skinned knuckles

posted on 7/1/10 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
Have you the name / warden number - if so I would be on the blower to parking services if you get no joyfrom then a call to the 'local newspaper' that should make some councilors squirm.

regards

Agriv8

i didn't get the number or name of the guy, but it will be on the tickets he left. I'm waiting for one of the drivers to come back to his car so i can get the details and start the ball rolling.

Mr Whippy

posted on 7/1/10 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
write into the local paper, ours loves front page storys like that

I'm not sure I'm even parked on the road at work as its all deep snow

[Edited on 7/1/10 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
skinned knuckles

posted on 7/1/10 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Have just spoken to one of the drivers who, it turns out is a solicitor

he has asked for copy of the photos and vid and has already called the police. he recons it is an offense to remove any item from someones car and it is covered by the same law that makes it an offense to remove someone elses parking ticket.

i love the irony of being hung by your own laws

Mr Whippy

posted on 7/1/10 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
superb

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blue2cv

posted on 7/1/10 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
hope the guy gives you a follow up, so we can all relish the fatherless people wriggling
r1_pete

posted on 7/1/10 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Keep us posted on further develpoments.

Doing their job is one thing, but that guys just trying to be clever.

stevec

posted on 7/1/10 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Lovely stuff, well done. Is the vid on Utube yet?
Steve

balidey

posted on 7/1/10 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
I'm in two minds to say either....

'well done'

or

'double yellas are there for a reason, and being covered by snow could perhaps make it an even less sensible place to park.'

But as it involves getting one over a Traffic Warden, then it must be the former.

Mr Whippy

posted on 7/1/10 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
if you put the vid on you tube, then email the link to their main office then his boss may see it before the warden gets back to the office

[Edited on 7/1/10 by Mr Whippy]

turbodisplay

posted on 7/1/10 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Tell the bbc or other news outlets, they like stories like this. + you may make a few quid from the story.
Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
iank

posted on 7/1/10 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
Taking off the leaflets, "could" be interpreted as attempting to pervert the course of justice - a serious offence.

The police/CPS wouldn't have the slightest interest in taking it on, but it could be an interesting gambit if you get in a conversation with the warden.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

dogwood

posted on 7/1/10 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
YEA !!!! Love it...
Pleeeese Youtube it.

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

craig1410

posted on 7/1/10 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
Well done that man!!

It's the removal of your photo's and the appeals process which really irks me as this is so blatantly illegal...

Watching with interest!
:-)

RichardK

posted on 7/1/10 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Brilliant, need to see the vid!!

Submit to the local news, the mains will pick off them but its nice for a local news paper to get the breaker.

Cheers

Rich

ps Nice work...

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

mattg8000

posted on 7/1/10 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent work - please youtube the vid!!
wilkingj

posted on 7/1/10 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm look at it from the other side.

Could YOU be done for perverting the course of justice by putting the photo's and forms on the windscreen.

I would tread carefully, incase it blows up in your face.
ie same as puttnig a sign up saying Speed trap ahead, or flashing oncoming speeders.
People have been done for this in the past.

Take care, and think long and hard before taking any rash actions like posting on U-Tube. The Police have prosecuted speeders from their U-Tube postings, so its not inconcieveable it could happen to you.

Agreed.... Its unlikely, but its a case of measure ten times and cut once, which is a a well tried and trusted Locostbuilders saying.

EDIT:
I like your idea, but consider all angles before taking any action

[Edited on 7/1/2010 by wilkingj]

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

l0rd

posted on 7/1/10 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
can't you at least post the vid here?
iank

posted on 7/1/10 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wilkingj
Hmmm look at it from the other side.

Could YOU be done for perverting the course of justice by putting the photo's and forms on the windscreen.

How would that be? (genuinely interested) The idea that telling someone they had rights could be illegal seems absurd on the face of it.

quote:

I would tread carefully, incase it blows up in your face.
ie same as puttnig a sign up saying Speed trap ahead, or flashing oncoming speeders.
People have been done for this in the past.

I'm aware of those cases, but I don't think the theory applies in this case as the 'crime' is already done. If it were the case that giving people advice was in any way illegal then QC's, solicitors and lawyers would all be in prison.
quote:

Take care, and think long and hard before taking any rash actions like posting on U-Tube. The Police have prosecuted speeders from their U-Tube postings, so its not inconcieveable it could happen to you.

Agreed.... Its unlikely, but its a case of measure ten times and cut once, which is a a well tried and trusted Locostbuilders saying.

EDIT:
I like your idea, but consider all angles before taking any action

[Edited on 7/1/2010 by wilkingj]

I agree with the idea of caution and consideration.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

coozer

posted on 7/1/10 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
How about clubbing the warden to death with a big stick?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

David Jenkins

posted on 7/1/10 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

Illegal - but probably very, very satisfying...

balidey

posted on 7/1/10 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

Illegal - but probably very, very satisfying...

Surprisingly, not illegal. I can find no law that specifically says its illegal to club a traffic warden to death. So proceed

skinned knuckles

posted on 7/1/10 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
have had a think and will post the video in a couple of weeks but under a different name if my new solicitor friend thinks its safe to do so. will post a linky

in the mean time you will have to content yourselves with the knowledge that some jumped up pillock is going to dragged over the coals for some overzelous use of his minimal powers.

i personally am grinning from ear to ear

in adition, a lot of the other drivers have come out and have seen the little yellow plastic stickeys and have been taking photos of thier cars and the road and swearing lots. the warden seems to be keeping a low profile too think he would be lynched if he walked up here again

[Edited on 7/1/10 by skinned knuckles]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.