Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Whels and this years regs..
swampy

posted on 22/12/10 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Whels and this years regs..

Looking through the regs in the section about wheels it states that alloy wheels are allowed , as alloys can be 3 piece and the regs do not say that 3 piece are not allowed, nor does it state which type of alloy wheel construction is allowed and or not allowed , it is quite clear from a technical perspective that 3 piece alloys are allowed.
I am mentioning this as i have been told that somebody once turned up with 3 piece alloys and was turned away. I can not see how this can be justified . As i am after some new wheels and have found a supplier selling 3 piece wheels for only a little extra than other common wheels like compomotives i would like to give them a go.

Also nothing apart from wheel base is discussed as in track. I would take this to imply that the overall length of the cars wheel base must be as per the book, but as choice of wheel if alloy and to specific diameter and width then offset is free.
This would obviously increase the track while using standard book wishbones. I am sure this is correct.

Comments appreciated

alistairolsen

posted on 22/12/10 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
Where are you getting cheap splits?

Cheers

My Build Thread

modee

posted on 23/12/10 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
Hi. I don't see any problems with using split rims but it's always best to email Robin ( 750mc@btconnect.com ) to get an official answer if you are unsure about any regs. Maurice.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.