Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How Ya'll Enjoying TG Tonight
scootz

posted on 17/7/11 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
How Ya'll Enjoying TG Tonight

Loved the GTR / Jag piece... Edmund Blackadder was good as always... unfortunately the 'train' section was unwatchable tripe!

And yes... my telly does have an 'off' button, but I'm duty bound to watch it so I can be a moany git about it!

[Edited on 17/7/11 by scootz]

It's Evolution Baby!

mistergrumpy

posted on 17/7/11 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Yep enjoyed the Jag/GTR bit too and it was really good to see Rowan Atkinson. Let down like you say with the end bit but then after Rowan it would have had to be something a little bit more special as a follow up.
PSpirine

posted on 17/7/11 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
Really enjoyed it actually, and as staged as the train bit was, I actually like it since the idea of driving a car along train tracks is AWESOME

The GTR bit was really good, although I'm probably not allowed to say that working for Jag

scootz

posted on 17/7/11 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure the Jag is a cracking car in its own right... it was just up against something designed to get from a-b a lot quicker!

It's Evolution Baby!

PSpirine

posted on 17/7/11 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
I'd still have the GTR - it's a showcase of engineering excellence..

The one thing that you can't notice with the Jag, even when it's shown on Top Gear, is really how loud the XKR-S's are, and it's a proper racey sound, nothing like the other supercharged V8 jags.

imp paul

posted on 17/7/11 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
o dear i missed it to busy stripping the honda cr250 engine today its not very well lol so it will be iplayer for me hope you had a good time today scott
scootz

posted on 17/7/11 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
The rain held off Paul, so it was as good as a BBQ can be for a veggie!

It's Evolution Baby!

imp paul

posted on 17/7/11 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
nice mate if you check my pics now you will see some new panels woooooop at last haha new rawlson body panels
new rawlson body panels

full fat imp

[Edited on 17/7/11 by imp paul]

steve m

posted on 17/7/11 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Yet again, yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn tripe
and yes my of button does work, its just as a petrol head, i have to endure it

Steve

RazMan

posted on 17/7/11 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Petrol PumP

How about the Phantom V16 then! ..... I want one!

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 17/7/11 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Yet again, yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn tripe
and yes my of button does work, its just as a petrol head, i have to endure it

Why?

Train thing was crap, the rest pretty good. Would still rather have the Jag than the Nissan Playstation, not that I'm ever likely to be able to afford either of them

[Edited on 17/7/11 by MikeRJ]

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 18/7/11 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
There is nothing that brings the miserable buggers out in bigger numbers than Top Gear.

I love the way the 'so called grown-ups' basically have a tantrum akin to a two year old when Top Gear do a segment that they don't enjoy.

Do you really expect an hour long magazine show to be catered entirely to YOU?

They have >300million viewers and they do a good spread of skits, reviews and set-pieces, having a tantrum because you didn't like 1 segment is far more immature than anything Top gear do. Grow up and realise that in life not everything is about YOU.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Irony

posted on 18/7/11 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Derek Doctors
There is nothing that brings the miserable buggers out in bigger numbers than Top Gear.

I love the way the 'so called grown-ups' basically have a tantrum akin to a two year old when Top Gear do a segment that they don't enjoy.

They have >300million viewers and they do a good spread of skits, reviews and set-pieces, having a tantrum because you didn't like 1 segment is far more immature than anything Top gear do. Grow up and realise that in life not everything is about YOU.

There is nothing that brings the miserable buggers out in bigger numbers than people moaning about people moaning about Top Gear.

I love the way the 'so called grown-ups' basically have a tantrum akin to a two year old when someone moans about a segment on Top Gear.

Etc etc etc

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 18/7/11 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Derek Doctors

There is nothing that brings the miserable buggers out in bigger numbers than people moaning about people moaning about Top Gear.

I love the way the 'so called grown-ups' basically have a tantrum akin to a two year old when someone moans about a segment on Top Gear.

Etc etc etc

There is nothing that brings the miserable buggers out in bigger numbers than people moaning about people moaning about people moaning about Top Gear.

I love the way the 'so called grown-ups' basically have a tantrum akin to a two year old when someone moans about someone moaning about a segment on Top Gear.

Ad infinitum

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
scootz

posted on 18/7/11 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
... ad nauseam!

It's Evolution Baby!

gingerprince

posted on 18/7/11 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
Did anyone notice that this was the second episode on the trot where clarkson made reference to a vajazzle?
mistergrumpy

posted on 18/7/11 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
Yep. Had to text the missus to see what he meant. Glad I didn't Google it!
Toltec

posted on 18/7/11 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
If the TG boys were Blackadder characters who would they be?

Hammond - has to be Baldrick
May - Lord Melchett I think

Clarkson - The Prince Regent

Tonights episode was OK, barring Hammond's acting the clown of course.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.