Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OMG - More Riots
scootz

posted on 10/8/11 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Great big fat LOL!

I got a confirmation from the IPCC that they had received my complaint... THEY HAVE NO REGULATORY BODY! They 'police' themselves! You couldn't make it up!

It's Evolution Baby!

mcerd1

posted on 10/8/11 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
... put a few Marines and Para's on the streets...

LOL... you don't want to mix Marines and Paras - they'd start their own riot amongst themselves (only it would be far more violent!)

that or they'd star a competition on how may rioters they take out

-

scootz

posted on 11/8/11 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
The IPCC have made me LOL again! Here's their reply to my complaint regarding their conduct...

Thank you for your email dated 10th August 2011.

As set out in the Statutory Instrument 2004 No. 660, IPCC Staff Conduct Regulations a person must be able to show they have been adversely directly affected by the conduct of the Commission's staff. The Statutory Instrument also states a person is not considered directly affected by conduct by reason only of the fact that they witnessed it. Therefore your correspondence does not meet the criteria for making a formal complaint against the IPCC.

We are sorry that you have felt the need to complain, however the IPCC have acted in good faith in balancing a difficult set of circumstances. Your comments have been noted and passed to the appropriate teams concerned.

I regret I can be of no further assistance on this matter.

Yours sincerely,

L Hyland
Internal Investigations
Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC)
90 High Holborn
WC1V 6BH

So these buggers will actively solicit complaints about the Police from ANYONE and their granny about ANYTHING, yet they have protected themselves with legislation to stop the same thing happening to them!?

It's Evolution Baby!

blakep82

posted on 11/8/11 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
hmm i see thier point scott, if you hadn't been watching the tv, you wouldn't have known anything about it, so therefore it doesn't actually affect you, so theres not really a complaint. had your son been shot, then yes, or even rioters broke into your shop then yes, but i guess they've got enough on their plate from people who are directly affected by it.
just my view anyway

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

scootz

posted on 11/8/11 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
I hear what you're saying Blake and I am inclined to agree to an extent, but it is the SHEER hypocrisy of their whole organisational existence that is bugging me! They will take and investigate complaints against the Police if you are merely a witness to an event and feel aggrieved by it. Yet they have no regulatory body, they police themselves and they will not extend that same investigatory courtesy to complaints made against themselves! End of!

As for their conduct not affecting me directly... I think there is a strong argument to be had that their conduct over the last few days has (or will) affect all of us in some way directly!

It's Evolution Baby!

Fozzie

posted on 11/8/11 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz...................As for their conduct not affecting me directly... I think there is a strong argument to be had that their conduct over the last few days has (or will) affect all of us in some way directly!

Totally agree with that ^^ ..... However, I also feel that they should not have released any information whilst the initial investigation was/is in process ...

Link to the act in question:-

Linky Dink

It does seem as though they have the power over themselves .... how can that work?

Maybe a letter/email to our MPs and ask their thoughts ....

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

scootz

posted on 11/8/11 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
Maybe a letter/email to our MPs and ask their thoughts ....

That's where I'm going next Fozz! I seem to have quite a bee in my bonnet over this one!

I just find it incredible that they seem to be functioning in the unacceptable manner that the Police used to...

It's Evolution Baby!

mistergrumpy

posted on 12/8/11 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
Scootz!
IPCC admits to having maybe misled the media
Here

scootz

posted on 12/8/11 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote

It's Evolution Baby!

Fozzie

posted on 12/8/11 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Just watched it on the BBC news..........It wasn't quite the announcement I was hoping for ....

scootz

posted on 12/8/11 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
Just watched it on the BBC news..........It wasn't quite the announcement I was hoping for ....

Ah, yes!

It's Evolution Baby!

mistergrumpy

posted on 12/8/11 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
What's been said? I've been catching up on a few jobs and a bit of sleep
Fozzie

posted on 12/8/11 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
What's been said? I've been catching up on a few jobs and a bit of sleep

Basically ....they had said at the time that there were 2 shots fired...thus perhaps giving the impression that
the guy had fired back......

I was hoping that they were going to say that they should have not said a word to anyone whilst the investigation was in progress
and the findings had been reported to the Commanding Officer of the police concerned...
And it was not their place to make media statements, only to investigate incidents and report back to the necessary people...

mistergrumpy

posted on 12/8/11 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Bah!
I agree with you Fozzie.
It's interesting that they're trying to avoid blame. The very thing that they normally seek to apportion!

Fozzie

posted on 12/8/11 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Now you can read it ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14510329

JoelP

posted on 12/8/11 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
have they never heard the expression 'live by the sword, die by the sword'?

I could sort of understand if this nonsense had come in the aftermath of the shooting of Menezes (sp), but this moron seems to have been in possession of a gun, maybe even a working one! Assming the officers at the scene werent suicidal, they were well within their rights to make sure they got home safe. The IPCC investigation should simply focus on 'did the firearms officers have reason to think he may be about to threaten them?' Totally irrelevant if he fired or not.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.