Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Beware - ebay and paint
chrisbeale

posted on 18/2/12 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Beware - ebay and paint

just to beware, i ordered some u-pol primer from ebay the otherday, got it, used it on a test piece and decided it didnt look much like primer. then niticed the perfectly placed sticker over the original label. turns out what i thought should be etch primer was infact matt black paint.
I have contacted the seller who said he buys it in in bulk so was un aware but if things turn nasty i will let you know the username so you can stear clear,

cheers

chris

monck

posted on 18/2/12 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
I bought 2 cans of hammerite of ebay .... Both cans had something wrong would not stick or dry

I went down halfords got robbed about £7 but worked fine

I emailed the seller no reply

blakep82

posted on 18/2/12 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
So you were robbed by walking into halfords, finding hammerite, seeing the price, picking up the item, walking to the checkout, and handing over the money and walking out the door with your paint and receipt? Not sure what the police would make of it tbh.

I use hugspaint (think that's the name) on eBay for paints. They're good people

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

monck

posted on 18/2/12 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Blakep82 i was implying its not the cheapest place in the world to buy a tin or spray paint ....

Well i think £7 for a 300ml can is as good a robbery anyway

Ryan

bartonp

posted on 19/2/12 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
I've used Jawal (sp?) for all my celly/other primers - fine.
Peteff

posted on 19/2/12 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82I use hugspaint (think that's the name) on eBay for paints. They're good people

Can't argue with that, good seller and materials. If you want metal paint for general use get a stock from Aldi next time they have the offer on.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.