Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Spray gun recomendations
corrado vr6

posted on 8/5/12 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
Spray gun recomendations

Hi there I'm after buying a new spray gun to spray my mini, so far I have bought 2 one around the £120 mark another about £40 both have broke, so I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good gun, I would prefer gravity fed as that's what I'm used to, unless persuaded otherwise. Any help much appreciated Greg

http://r1indy7.wordpress.com/

jossey

posted on 8/5/12 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
This is doing to be like the BEC V CEV convo I guess.

Sata and devilbis makes a big difference to spray jobs than average guns.

If your wanting a gravity fed gun I like the devilbis gti but my friend who works in a spray shop uses SATA. It's all about feel I guess.

Why are they braking.

Do you clean them properly....

[Edited on 8/5/12 by jossey]

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 8/5/12 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
Tell us which ones you bought and how they broke so we can avoid them please If you want another cheap one get a Sealey Gold gravity gun from hugspaint on ebay for about £20 +p&p, not bad for not much money. Jossey's mate probably uses a Sata gun, they are supposedly a bit more fragile than Devilbiss. Years ago I used to spray boiler panels in a factory and used Binks and Devilbiss which stood up well to abuse. The cheap ones I use now work fine and are almost a disposable item. If you want to spend a lot you can go for any of the top names, Devilbiss and Iwata do a cheap range now about £70 but they are just like the cheaper ones but with better spares availability.

[Edited on 8/5/12 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

MK chippy

posted on 8/5/12 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
How are you breaking them? Can you not exchange them?
blakep82

posted on 8/5/12 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
can't think how a spray gun can break. strip it and clean it in thinners and you should be alright.

i've got a cheap suction one from the £20 for 5 air tool kit things, very crap, as you'd expect.
i got a silverline gravity feed one i got for about £20, which i think, given the money is actually very good.
and a cheap touch up gun with a 300ml cup from hugs paint i got for £15, which does a reasonable job

first understand why they're breaking, otherwise any gun you buy will probably break too.

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

ashg

posted on 8/5/12 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
devilbiss gti or sata 2000. are the only ones i would use since owning them. you could pick up second hand gti's for about £150 last time i looked.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

ashg

posted on 8/5/12 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
Devilbiss Gti Spray Gun | eBay

Devilbiss GTI Gravity Fed spray gun Hardly Used | eBay

Devilbiss Gti Spray Gun Limited Edition! | eBay

Sata Jet Spray Gun NR2000 HVLP | eBay

Sata Jet Spray Gun HVLP 2000 | eBay

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Strontium Dog

posted on 8/5/12 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
I have a Devilbiss JGA. I've been using it 25 years and it's still going strong so another vote for Devilbiss!

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x319/zephyr2000/General%20forum%20uploads/?action=view¤t=3DEngine.mp4

Peteff

posted on 8/5/12 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
I have a Defynik suction gun, Spanish company now Sagola and it is about 40 years since I bought it. It's not HVLP but still does a good job. I don't use a dear gun but would like to sometimes just to see if it does make that much difference. I'm not that fussy as long as it's all one colour and a bit shiny I can live with it. My cheap gravity HVLP is a joy to use and a touch up gun from ebay is a boon as well for little repairs.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.