Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: So who has been to Donington Show
R1 STRIKER

posted on 3/9/12 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
It's been a few years since I visited a kit car show and to be honest I was very disappointed with exhibitors hall. Fair enough, the exhibitors that were there made a good effort. But where were they all? Seemed to be a pretty good turn out in the clubs section.

Even though my main purpose for the visit was the show, It was the 750 mc racing that made the day for me with some cracking racing throughout the day.

Let's hope it gets more manufacturer support next year because it really seem like the perfect location for a good show.

As always, it's seems to be down to the support it gets from both public and exhibitors as to whether its a success, but I think this year it was firmly in the exhibitors camp for the lack of support.

Ben.

adithorp

posted on 3/9/12 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mitch2b
adrian,
theres a tunnel , under the track , around the start line that would have brought you band smack into the paddock,
and the bottom car park / hard standing, where the tubourg bus was, you can see "over" the track fence rather than through it,

Mitch

...except you weren't allowed through the tunnel without a paddock pass. The show entry bands weren't allowed through.

That was my biggest disappointment with the show, although was lucky enough to meet up with a friend who knew an RGB driver and got us 4 passes on Sunday.

Had a good weekend overall. Nice drive down. Some interesting stuff in the hall (I did like the 2CV based hot rod... but how do you get in it) and given it being a new show I can understand some exibitors being reluctant to commit too much and I understand there were other things happening elsewhere. Great display by the auto test guys. Some good racing. Some good company. All finished off with a blat back through the Peak Distict (including being buzzed by the Red Arrows!).

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Alfa145

posted on 3/9/12 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
We were on the flight line at home and they buzzed me while I was unpacking the car.

They were doing a display at Chatsworth Country Fair. You were lucky you didn't get stuck in the traffic leaving there as it's normally a nightmare

adithorp

posted on 3/9/12 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alfa145
We were on the flight line at home and they buzzed me while I was unpacking the car.

They were doing a display at Chatsworth Country Fair. You were lucky you didn't get stuck in the traffic leaving there as it's normally a nightmare

Yeah that's where it was. I heard an odd noise, looked up and one of the "singleton"s was coming out of a loop directly/vertically down at me. Traffic was very light; just enough for some fun overtakes

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

mitch2b

posted on 4/9/12 at 05:29 AM Reply With Quote
i went into the paddock sat afternoon, wasnt asked for any pass,

mITCH

Sonic7

posted on 4/9/12 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
I loved the Autotest they were utterly stunning, made this little YouTube video, doesn’t really do them justice but give you all an idea if you missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gCKE25yiJg

Sonic7

posted on 4/9/12 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Donington Awards

MEV’s double whammy at Donny, ‘Mabbs’ Supercharged Rocket got best car in his show and then……….

Stuart Mills was presented a ‘special award’ by Steve Hole (editor of Total Kit Car Magazine) who delivered a heart warming speech regarding Stuarts outstanding contribution to the industry, he said “you have changed the face of kit cars”.

ReMan

posted on 4/9/12 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic7
I loved the Autotest they were utterly stunning, made this little YouTube video, doesn’t really do them justice but give you all an idea if you missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gCKE25yiJg

That was great, made the donnutting westies look boring too

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

pif

posted on 5/9/12 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
It's a bit late but here goes,

It was a good show for a first try, the concept of show, club area and 750 meet all in one is a good one and could have some potential.

The collaboration between theshow and 750 could of been better. For me the 750 paddock is an excellent place to have a wander around. Don't see what difference out would of made to the 750 club to let people in the paddock area. The club probably run more kit car events than any one else. They might even pick up a few racers too.

The exhibitors hall needed more in it, heritage bit was nice. I like all the auto jumble stuff which was missing here.

I think that the manufacturers could of had some track time in between races for passenger rides.

Three show will continue to get my support for the next few years at least.

Nice drive down with a few fellow lcb's helped make a great weekend, couldn't have calling though so stayed at local hotel.

been a bit of a rush job really, bodged it all together in just 5 1/2 years.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.