New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Xbox one vs Playstation 4 - which one poll
Mr Whippy

posted on 19/7/13 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
Xbox one vs Playstation 4 - which one poll

A simple poll

We're discussing this at work, seems the Xbox one is not very popular tbh

What do you think?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
parkiboy

posted on 19/7/13 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
I've always been an Xbox fan but not liking the sound of the Xbox one! Swaying towards the ps4
Mr Whippy

posted on 19/7/13 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
I'm much the same, loved my Xbox, but the ps4 cheaper cost and tiny size plus apparently better performance makes it seem the obvious choice to me

Totally uninterested in the kinect thing or watching tv through a console, as for being able to switch it on by talking, what's the point in that? I had to pick up the controller anyway and it has a on/off button on it...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Wheels244

posted on 19/7/13 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
I'll be buying a PS4
Slimy38

posted on 19/7/13 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
I currently have a 360 and a PS3 (and a Wii, but that doesn't count!), and the 360 gets far more play time. But I won't be buying either of the new consoles. I don't see the appeal of even better graphics or novel methods of interaction, I'm still a firm believer that gameplay is where it's at, and that can be had with basic graphics. With me also being very tight with money, I can get a dozen good 360 games for the price of one One game.

I am looking forward to the Oculus Rift though...

daniel mason

posted on 19/7/13 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
i saw the reviews on the gadget show and it said although the ps4 is cheaper, you need a special camera type device to play nearly all games and use most of the features.
this then makes it more expensive than the x box

Mr Whippy

posted on 19/7/13 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
i saw the reviews on the gadget show and it said although the ps4 is cheaper, you need a special camera type device to play nearly all games and use most of the features.

Interesting, not heard of that

loggyboy

posted on 19/7/13 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
Have XBox 360 - WONT BE GRADING TO EITHER.

Mistral Motorsport

zoidy

posted on 19/7/13 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Sorry but that's absolutely b******t! I don't know where this ridiculous show is getting his source but basically the new camera will be used like the old one, only on specific games. It's absolutely not mandatory to have it to play all the games or even start the console, unlike the kinect.
And how can anyone says it's doing a review on a console where all the launch titles aren't finished yet, that's just nonsense and a complete lie! Coming from a show which is comparing TVs on their default settings, that's not a surprise ("I prefer this TV because the colours are more saturated"... yeah you don't anything of what you are talking about, we get it )

quote:
I don't see the appeal of even better graphics or novel methods of interaction, I'm still a firm believer that gameplay is where it's at, and that can be had with basic graphics.

That's what indies are all about, and the PS4 allow them to self publish on it, unlike (for the moment?) the Xbox One.

quote:

The next gen consoles could support it.

Slimy38

posted on 19/7/13 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zoidy

quote:
I don't see the appeal of even better graphics or novel methods of interaction, I'm still a firm believer that gameplay is where it's at, and that can be had with basic graphics.

That's what indies are all about, and the PS4 allow them to self publish on it, unlike (for the moment?) the Xbox One.

I do quite like indie games to be fair, there have been a few gems on Xbox Live. I can't use that as a basis for buying a new console though. If anything I'd go for Ouya or an equivalent Android console.

quote:
quote:

The next gen consoles could support it.

Yes they could... doesn't mean they will... Both Microsoft and Sony have got a vested interest in developing their own VR systems, in fact Microsoft have that 'whole room' projector thingy already in development. Whilst it would make sense to you or me to just add support for an off the shelf solution, both suppliers have a history of creating bespoke solutions.

zoidy

posted on 19/7/13 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Agree, 400 quids for just playing indie games doesn't make a lot of sense. Let say it's a nice feature if you prefer AAA games.

I'm not sure the game division on both company will invest in this technology as its history is rather unsuccessful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Boy

Interestingly Sony is already selling a VR thingy: http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/personal-3d-viewer

deezee

posted on 19/7/13 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
I played Xbox then Xbox 360 for 8 years. Recently got a PS3 super slim. It looks as good and its a half the size.... a third without the power brick!

I'm just sick of the Xbox treating people like crap. I pay for gold but still get advertisements on the dashboard/home. How long did it take for them to add youtube and it still has no web browser. I had the kinect and found it to be pathetic. You can't do anything with gaming. Sure you can run on the spot and leap about, but nothing that improves games. Once you've played one kinect game, you play em all. Good for parties, but thats it.

I know they have made a U turn on the always connected or you can't play and no used games front. But its just the way they treat people. GT6, Watch dogs and GTA5 are current gen titles, so its going to be a while before I buy either. So I'll see what people say about the actual experience of owning one and see what titles come out for each.

bi22le

posted on 19/7/13 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
I am still undeceided and will be waiting about 12months for the dust to settle and the price to plumit as normal.

Why buy a piece of new tech that IS going to have teething problems, and you pay a premium to be a guinea pig.

I watched the trailor for the new GTA a week or so ago. It got my gaming juicies flowing, something that has not happened since MW2.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

beaver34

posted on 19/7/13 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
xbox just for forza
morcus

posted on 19/7/13 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
There really should be a vote for not buying either. I currently have an xbox, i briefly had a 360 and really didnt get on with all the bs they added which all sources indicate the next gen will do to a much higher level. It had some great games but you only get half of it and have to buy theyre internet to biy the rest and if you even think about going near the machine it burns a ring into the disk. Then theres the problem they both had, all the writing and subtitles are to small, even on a big tv.

The other thing is reliabilty, i mean how many of you have mega drives that still work? Yet 360s break down all the time.

Maybe im just getting old, but much as i want to play the games, i really dont like or care about the systems enough to spend that kind of money.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

TheGiantTribble

posted on 19/7/13 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Personally other than family games on the wii, I use the PC, will continue to do so, and have no interest in either Xbox this (had an Xbox360 it broke) or PS that (I did have an original playstation, only games I really played on it where Tomb raider and wing comander 4)
Mr Whippy

posted on 19/7/13 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
So far then

Everyone who had a Playstation like them and wants the new one

But half the Xbox users now want a ps4, so it doesn't look good for the Xbox one then

jossey

posted on 19/7/13 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
I have had

Ps1
Xbox 1
Then
Ps2
Then Xbox 360
Then ps3
Now Xbox one

Only like ps3 n 4 for gran torismo

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

justy75

posted on 19/7/13 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
I go back to the days of the Binatone, Commodore 64, Amiga, and have had pretty much all the major consoles that have ever been!! This is about the only time I can remember where I am not looking forward to the latest generation of console hardware.

Previously every gen has made significant progress in the graphics department, improving on the last gen consoles hugely. Graphics wise the current gen games look fantastic with many of them running to true 1080. The new consoles will have more power but graphically will look almost identical to current gen as they will running in true 1080 as native resolution, but nothing higher (from what I have read). There will obviously be significant cpu progress offering huge multiplayer environments but this is nothing new, as a half decent PC has can have better graphics and has had huge multiplayer versions for years.

Current 360 has better graphics but a worse processor compared to the PS3, This next time round the PS4 has better graphics, processor and memory making it on paper the clear winner. If either console was backwards compatible with current gen games then I would definitely get both of them, but as they are not, the jump is not big enough to merit buying either.

Have more 360 games but spend more time of the PS3.

PS4 for me if pushed!

Mr Whippy

posted on 19/7/13 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by justy75
Graphics wise the current gen games look fantastic with many of them running to true 1080. The new consoles will have more power but graphically will look almost identical to current gen as they will running in true 1080 as native resolution, but nothing higher (from what I have read).

Tbh I thought the 360 & ps3 are running games at only 720p and its the new consoles that will be 1080, it's the main reason I even want a ps4. The 360 home menu etc can be set to well above 1080 but the games are definitely not even close to 1080. I'm using a hd projector with a 4m diagonal image so can see the difference much more than on a hd tv

mazie

posted on 19/7/13 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote
I think the PC is a far superior games platform :-)
Mr Whippy

posted on 20/7/13 at 12:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mazie
I think the PC is a far superior games platform :-)

Totally agree but a good gaming PC is vastly more expensive, indeed they are right at the top end of home PC's

Depends on how committed you are to gaming but spending car money on a computer that will be out of date in a couple of years just to play games is not for me.

karlak

posted on 20/7/13 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
Had a Xbox since day one pretty much..

Given up on consoles now though, wont be buying either.

I have put together a gaming PC in a mitx small form factor. More money granted, but the difference in performance is remarkable. In some multiplayer games you get up to 64 players, the graphics comparison and frame rate is not even close.

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

zoidy

posted on 20/7/13 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
I have put together a gaming PC in a mitx small form factor. More money granted, but the difference in performance is remarkable. In some multiplayer games you get up to 64 players, the graphics comparison and frame rate is not even close.

Comparing a hardware that is 7 years old with a new PC is a bit unfair

karlak

posted on 20/7/13 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Comparing a hardware that is 7 years old with a new PC is a bit unfair

Yep, it would be.

But I was actually comparing it to the new consoles specs

It will be an eternal battle against PC and Console.

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.