Not had a console before buying Xbox one
Not had a console before buying Playstation 4

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Xbox one vs Playstation 4 - which one poll
Peteff

posted on 20/7/13 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
How old are you lot ? This is the kind of thing my 12 year old grandson worries about

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

loggyboy

posted on 20/7/13 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Im always late to move to the latest console, well its more accurate to say I wait. I also had an Amiga in the 90s, my brother upgraded to the 1st PS which was used to play a lot of games by him, but pretty much only racing games by me (GT, Vrally and GTA). He then upgraded to PS2 again I used it for the Gran Turismos, GTA3, by this time he was moving out so I had to buy my own PS2. He also got a xbox but I didn't play it often and it didn't have any games that appealed. A year or 2 later the 360 was released and ignored it as I was happy with GT4 and GTA3, the only games I played. It wasnt till I played forza 3 a while later that I realised how good a game it was. It was just as Kinect was released which I thought was great so upgraded to a 360. I would expect a similar will happen this time, il give it a couple of years to see if any games that take it up a level and make a decision. Saves money this way too. Interestingly my bro bought a PS3 about a year ago and was so unimpressed he sold it after 2months.The only game I hoped to be impressed by was GT5, but sadly found it very lacking compared to Forza.

Mistral Motorsport

zoidy

posted on 20/7/13 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by karlak
quote:
Originally posted by zoidy
quote:
I have put together a gaming PC in a mitx small form factor. More money granted, but the difference in performance is remarkable. In some multiplayer games you get up to 64 players, the graphics comparison and frame rate is not even close.

Comparing a hardware that is 7 years old with a new PC is a bit unfair

Yep, it would be.

But I was actually comparing it to the new consoles specs

It will be an eternal battle against PC and Console.

Always will be
For a dev point of view it's far easier to fit an engine on only one platform with the same spec than a thousand of different configs. That's why a very old hardware can still display very good graphics (e.g. The Last of Us).

justy75

posted on 20/7/13 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:
Originally posted by justy75
Graphics wise the current gen games look fantastic with many of them running to true 1080. The new consoles will have more power but graphically will look almost identical to current gen as they will running in true 1080 as native resolution, but nothing higher (from what I have read).

Tbh I thought the 360 & ps3 are running games at only 720p and its the new consoles that will be 1080, it's the main reason I even want a ps4. The 360 home menu etc can be set to well above 1080 but the games are definitely not even close to 1080. I'm using a hd projector with a 4m diagonal image so can see the difference much more than on a hd tv

No, they are not limited to 720 although most games are 720. There are still quite a few that run natively at 1080 on the current consoles, a few NBA titles, and most noticeably Virtua Tennis 3 which looks great already. I would have preferred the next gen consoles to be pushing higher res that native 1080, thats all!

theduck

posted on 20/7/13 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
Had sega megadrive, sega staurn, playstation, original Xbox, Xbox 360, wii and now won't buy another. Console gaming has become too expensive for me for the little time I get to play them. Plus I despise chargeable DLC. I want the whole game, not just enough to play it and need to spend a fortune more on DLC.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.