Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: quality manifold from fastdan / danst engineering
blakep82

posted on 18/12/13 at 12:05 AM Reply With Quote
quality manifold from fastdan / danst engineering

I had Dan make me a manifold for my car, was a long time in planning, measuring, etc due to the tight space to fit.
I was thinking I'd end up having to take the car to Dan to have him measure up etc, or else I'd end up measuring something wrong

In the end, I measured 3 times, Dan was able to send me some drawings to work with so I could compare and double check my measuring
Then he send me a drawing of my manifold so I could check it all against the car before having it made. He tacked it together and sent it so I could check it all fit and adjust if required. It needed angled up by 2 degrees to clear the pedal box safely (theres a chassis tube 25mm or so above the air box, and pedal box 25mm below) which he did and welded fully.
I must've been a pain in the back side

Quality product, thank you Dan!

Now a few pics. I know the whole car needs tidying up, once I know everything works I think I'll strip it all down and rebuild, cleaning and painting for final assembly, including redoing the hoses that hold the carbs on

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 18/12/13 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Andybarbet

posted on 18/12/13 at 12:42 AM Reply With Quote
Very nice :-)

Where did the airbox come from ?

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

RichardK

posted on 18/12/13 at 03:04 AM Reply With Quote
Aye, he's a good lad..

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
FASTdan

posted on 18/12/13 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
No probs - glad it worked out! Nice to see some pics of the install. As above, who's is the airbox?

Edited to say, added the photo's to the FB page - hope thats ok? Will also add into the homepage gallery...

[Edited on 18/12/13 by FASTdan]

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
dhutch

posted on 18/12/13 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
Looks all right. As you say, tight...!

quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
Aye, he's a good lad..

Your signature is upside down....

Daniel

FASTdan

posted on 18/12/13 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dhutch
Looks all right. As you say, tight...!

quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
Aye, he's a good lad..

Your signature is upside down....

Daniel

Not from where he's sitting....

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
blakep82

posted on 18/12/13 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure what the airbox is from really. I got it off someone on here a couple of years ago. Its fibreglass, was orange gel coat, and had a weber sticker on it.
So best guess is weber, but thats all I know. Has imperial threads in the screws that hold it to the back plate too, so I guess its quite old

Absolutely fine Dan, use all the pics you want , its just very difficult to get good pics of anything on my car for some reason

Edit: just went out for a look. Ended up refitting everything, new hoses, new studs, refitted the coolant hoses, throttle cable, the whole lot. And it now fits a whole lot better! Clears the alternator to allow full adjustment (and belt change without taking carbs off!) And is exactly where I hoped it would sit

[Edited on 19/12/13 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

02GF74

posted on 4/1/14 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
That should work but how come you didnt go for mandrel bent tubes?

DavidW

posted on 4/1/14 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Dan did one for me a few years back and I'm still really impressed by it.

Definitely recommended!

David

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.