Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lewis Hamilton = Disappointing
Surrey Dave

posted on 25/5/14 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
Lewis Hamilton = Disappointing

Undoubtedly fast but....................

Embarrassingly immature selfish and childish, what a poor loser and sportsman.

Vettel not far behind...................

Only my opinion of course!

daniel mason

posted on 25/5/14 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Why? If you enjoy losing then generally you will lose!

sdh2903

posted on 25/5/14 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason

No it's called sportsmanship and class and as as much as I'm a Lewis fan he's displaying neither. If I was his race engineer I would be telling him to quit bleating on the radio and get on with it!!!

Surrey Dave

posted on 25/5/14 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Really?

Valentino Rossi
Danny Pedrosa
Shane Byrne
Alex Lowes

Lose races because they enjoy it?

Checkout their demeanor after being defeated in races and championships.

daniel mason

posted on 25/5/14 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Did you say the same about senna?

Surrey Dave

posted on 25/5/14 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason

No it's called sportsmanship and class and as as much as I'm a Lewis fan he's displaying neither. If I was his race engineer I would be telling him to quit bleating on the radio and get on with it!!!

Exactly my point, these guys are no where without some mega talented engineers behind the scenes at Mercedes, and I'm sure they will be reminded of that.

Put Bianchi or even Max Chilton in the Mercedes and Lewis in the Marussia, see what happens..

Surrey Dave

posted on 25/5/14 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Senna?

Mega fast, talented, individual, had capacity beyond driving round in circles.........

Appears to have shown interest in the bigger picture i.e. safety for all drivers, the under privileged in Brazil .....

But some darker sides re: sportsmanship ( having Prost off at Suzuka to win the title), and allegedly an amazing amount of self belief , and some reliance on religion whilst driving.

daniel mason

posted on 25/5/14 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
I'd hedge my bets that if EVERY driver drove the same car then him or possibly alonso would be victorious! He did t have mega talented engineers when he was multiple kart champ (although will no doubt have had a good seat)
I couldn't.believe it when the s/c came out and both Mercedes drove past pit entrance. If that were me I'd be going nuts too!

[Edited on 25/5/14 by daniel mason]

daniel mason

posted on 25/5/14 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
I know when I played competitive sport I'd do anything to win, whatever the cost to myself, or any individual! Not saying its correct, it's just the way it was. There's a few drivers; Schumacher,senna etc that would do anything anything to win.(take someone out to guarantee they couldn't win. Park the car half way round a corner to block the track)
It's always a difficult one, but I'd do the same if in the same position

sdh2903

posted on 25/5/14 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
I have no issues with competitiveness, however being competitive and being a sulky wee shite are 2 separate entities. Over the course of the season I feel Hamilton will have the edge over Nico and will probably win the championship. If he keeps stropping and sulking he won't get anywhere.
loggyboy

posted on 25/5/14 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
He feels wronged, which if I was him, would feel exactly the same. I think its quite refreshing to see honest opinions rather than pr'd lovey lovey rubbish.

Mistral Motorsport

sdh2903

posted on 25/5/14 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
If you want an example of class in F1, take a look at Daniel ricciardo. Always has a huge smile on his face, even after disqualification at his home Grand Prix, he's in a team where he probably knows he's the number 2. He's just got his head down and is kicking the arse of his 4 time world champion team mate. I just hope one day he goes one step further than his compatriot webber and wins the title.
sdh2903

posted on 25/5/14 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
He feels wronged, which if I was him, would feel exactly the same. I think its quite refreshing to see honest opinions rather than pr'd lovey lovey rubbish.

If he'd been quicker than nico and overtaken him then he would have won. Simple. He's basically moaning that he didn't jump his team mate during a safety car pit stop? Would that not have been just as hollow a victory as rosberg's pole?

daniel mason

posted on 25/5/14 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
He hasn't won anything though! Not saying he won't. As he's doing really well but no point smiling too much with only a couple of podiums to his name!
Hopefully he will one day win something as he seems a decent guy. But I agree with loggy. He's not wrapped up in pr, speaks his mind and wants to win!

daniel mason

posted on 25/5/14 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
He hasn't won anything though! Not saying he won't. As he's doing really well but no point smiling too much with only a couple of podiums to his name!
Hopefully he will one day win something as he seems a decent guy. But I agree with loggy. He's not wrapped up in pr, speaks his mind and wants to win!

sdh2903

posted on 25/5/14 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I know he hasn't won anything but it's refreshing to see someone as humble and appreciative. Lewis is just acting like a spoilt brat. He's amazingly paid, in the best car by a mile, a fit mrs and is amazingly talented. Instead of moaning just get on with it.

You can be massively competitive and not act like a tw@t is the point I'm trying to make

daniel mason

posted on 25/5/14 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
I didn't think he was acting like a tw@t! A world title can hinge on the smallest mistake! A bad pit stop, driver error, wrong strategy, bad call from the engineer!
They SHOULD have pitted him as soon as the accident happend as the safety car was certain. Eps erg should have been pitted too and if he'd have lost the race, would have moaned a bit too.
Lewis has a good chance of winning a world title this year and possibly for years to come but everything needs to run smoothly! As you can tell I'm biased towards Hamilton, or anyone talented and desperate to win

sdh2903

posted on 25/5/14 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
I see your point but what if they had pitted and no safety car emerged? They would have looked like complete muppets then. I agree at Monaco it was highly likely but not a certainty. He would have really been moaning then!!
daniel mason

posted on 25/5/14 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
It was a certainty though! Debris everywhere and the car beeched.
It's like a footballer in a World Cup final where your winning the game with a minute to go. Your. Defending on your goal line. Do you handball it to save a goal knowing your getting a red card and the opposition have a pen? Of course you do. There's a chance they will miss. Still cheating!

[Edited on 25/5/14 by daniel mason]

sdh2903

posted on 25/5/14 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

My view is if you have the talent, equipment and correct attitude that should be enough over the course of the season. Throwing toys out of the pram and barely smiling when your second on the podium just makes you look a bit of a dick in my eyes.

daniel mason

posted on 25/5/14 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Not smiling when second makes you a winner in my eyes! First is everything to these guys

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 25/5/14 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
I like to call this the Andy Murray paradox. Lose badly and your're a miserable sulk, lose with a smile and you aren't dedicated enough. It's lose/lose with the British media and the plebs.

Just be happy that a British driver in a British car with a British engine are showing the world the way.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
sdh2903

posted on 25/5/14 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
A British driver in a British car with a british engine acting like a spoilt brat, let's show the world what us Brits are all about?? Really?

Just a plebs viewpoint.......

jeffw

posted on 26/5/14 at 04:33 AM Reply With Quote
Grow up. The man is an Elite sportsman who wants to win above all else...and he has to have the attitude to do that. Don't forget he drove most of the last section of the race with one eye shut and still held the Red Bull behind him.....try driving with one eye next time you are out in the Kit!

carpmart

posted on 26/5/14 at 05:57 AM Reply With Quote
It's all in the mentality. Lewis HATES to loose. Sure he could be a little more falsely cognisant of his team mate (and others) and put a brave face on it, but that's not him! My son is fortunate enough to be a professional footballer. He is an absolute nightmare to be around if he or the team have had a less than perfect Saturday afternoon. I used to try to modify his behaviour a little when he was younger, but wining is such an important part of who he is, it's impossible to change him. Lewis is just he same!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.