Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What's the latest bike engine people are going for?
Johneturbo

posted on 7/2/15 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
Have to say the ZZR14 is a stonking engine, if anyone was ever thinking of going for more cc

for me the R1 is a great engine but i kept having clutch issues fibres just woulnd't last after one launch they would end up in a few peices in the sump!

i've run the 14 with standard clutch and springs for over two years, and not had one issue, only needed to fit a billit sump the clutch slave cylinder doesn't needed to be modified like the busa?

i was lucky i got a great deal on a 0 miles crate engine from the states

skippad

posted on 7/2/15 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
I think i was one of the first to install 1400zzr in 2008. 12,000mls later, still superb, no clutch problems, fitted AB performance sump after installation, no oil surge probs....loads of usable power, torquey engine, very drivable in traffic and town as well!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
knobby

posted on 8/2/15 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
I've just started a CBR1000RR build..

I believe they are pretty popular in RGB but I can't find many others running road going cars.

Building a CBR1000RR MNR Vortx - http://knobbymnrvortx.blogspot.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.