Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Buying From Westfield
neilp1

posted on 18/2/15 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Buying From Westfield

I bought some wheels and tyres from Westfield in November. I had loads of hastle getting them. Nearly 3 months to get them, didn't answer emails and when they eventally arrived there was some of the balancing weights in the bottom of the packaging where they had fallen off and I thought they would have come with "Team Dynamic" center caps but no! plane center caps with holes in them!!
I emailed the guy, but guess what no reply.
I'm just please I didn't spend a fortune on a kit with them!

JacksAvon

posted on 18/2/15 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
A company that is to big for its own boots forgetting who actually keeps them in business.

They should take a leaf out of the Andy Bates play book.

markie6575

posted on 18/2/15 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Yes they are completely void of customer service from my experiance
Took 4 months for a steering wheel to be posted lol

kingster996

posted on 18/2/15 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
There's been a few complaints on WSCC too - the wheels were apparently down to Revotec (I think that's their name) who were having problems supplying Westfield themselves - but that is just one incident.

If I want anything off the factory I always ring up and check if it is in stock - if it is, they have (so far) been brilliant at delivering quickly (deal with Dan in parts and you get good service) - but if they are out of stock, now that I have the chassis and bodywork, I can just buy elsewhere.

It's a real shame, because the kit itself really is very good - and I am thoroughly enjoying building mine.

Big thumbs up to Luke at PlaysKool in Co Durham - always had 100% great service - and is now my "go to" supplier for all things kit related!

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

prawnabie

posted on 18/2/15 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
I work near to the factory so can just pop in to see if they have things in stock, most of the time they haven't and I go elsewhere or make my own.

They have made changes to staffing etc but I guess in the current climate they don't want money tied up in parts sitting on the shelf, so they take your money and put things on order.

It's a shame really (for Westfield anyway) as it opens alot of peoples eyes up to how easy it is to source the same parts cheaper else where. I bought the starter kit of them and either bought second hand or elsewhere for the rest and have saved myself a good amount on the build costs.

Shaun

theduck

posted on 18/2/15 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kingster996
There's been a few complaints on WSCC too - the wheels were apparently down to Revotec (I think that's their name) who were having problems supplying Westfield themselves - but that is just one incident.

Do you mean rim stock? I don't see why they would have a problem supplying seeing as they make them not more than half an hour away from the westfield factory!

I bought mine direct from rim stock and was a special order fitment and colour, 4 weeks from ordering to being ready.

Mog72

posted on 18/2/15 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Where do I start ??!!
Ordered a carbon exhaust, motad make them for Westfield, they would supply me a 6 inch carbon item direct, but not the 6.5, so I had to go to Westfield, I had about a 4 week wait, I rang on the Friday brfore Christmas, yes the silencers are in stock, ok great I said, can you ship it direct to N.Motorsport for me I asked, yes they said no problem, I actually spoke to them three times on the Friday, came home from work on the Saturday morning, the exhaust was waiting for me at my home address !!??
So I had to arrange my own courier on the Monday
The invoice for the exhaust came a week or so later, but they hadn't put a stamp on the envelope !?? So I had to collect it from the sorting office & pay £1.90 for the inconvenience!!
I Bought wind deflectors from the westfield factory on the open day back in October,went to fit them a few weeks ago only to find that the castle nuts supplied with the fitting kit were too shallow !!, rang the factory, they didn't undertstatnd what I was talking about
Rang the factory enquiring about team dynamics 1.2 wheels, I was told that I nerded e23 offset for my model of vehicle, I queeried this, but no no that's the offset I needed, measured my wheels & discovered i I needed e35 offset !!, thankfully I ordered from a local tyre fitting garage who deal with team dynamics direct, who were £80 cheaper anyway !!
If Westfield have pulled there socks up as I've read; then they need to pull them up way further !!!!

SCAR

posted on 18/2/15 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
For years Westfield have been rated as the big kit car industry success story and probably rightly so but look them up on COMPANY CHECK and their current finances are scary. Not surprised if stock levels are low
kingster996

posted on 18/2/15 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theduck
Do you mean rim stock?

yep no idea where i got that other name from!

CosKev3

posted on 18/2/15 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Do you mean rim stock?

Electric rad fans you've been looking at!!!!

theduck

posted on 19/2/15 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SCAR
For years Westfield have been rated as the big kit car industry success story and probably rightly so but look them up on COMPANY CHECK and their current finances are scary. Not surprised if stock levels are low

Parent company looks a lot healthier http://companycheck.co.uk/search/results?SearchCompaniesForm%5Bname%5D=potenza+sports+cars&yt5=

kingster996

posted on 19/2/15 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:
quote:
Do you mean rim stock?

Electric rad fans you've been looking at!!!!

Haha - could be right there Kev!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.